[SOLVED] What is the difference between 32 ohms , 250 ohms , and finally 600 ohms ?

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
I want to purchase the dt 880 headphones and I just was wondering which variation I should buy and whether its worth spending more money for the premium 600 ohms.
Now before you ask I have a motherboard that can support 600 ohms so I can get any one of the three options

D

Deleted member 217926

The 600ohm model has a more tightly wound voice coil and requires more power. However that doesn't always translate to sounds better. The 250ohm DT880 is considered the best of the three. The Beyerdynamic Mid-fi line can have very bright treble that some people even find painful ( myself included ) and the 250ohm DT880 has the tamest treble of the 3 models.

Reactions: OrdJk

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
The 600ohm model has a more tightly wound voice coil and requires more power. However that doesn't always translate to sounds better. The 250ohm DT880 is considered the best of the three. The Beyerdynamic Mid-fi line can have very bright treble that some people even find painful ( myself included ) and the 250ohm DT880 has the tamest treble of the 3 models.
Thanks a lot , well I decided to get the DT990. Is it a better option (250ohm version)?

D

Deleted member 217926

I find all versions of the 990 too bright. It's a good choice for gaming but I don't love them for music.

D

Deleted member 217926

The treble gets too bright and they're sibilant. Highs have an SSSSSSSSSS sound to them.

DT770 - Closed back, V shaped, boosted highs and lows, recessed midrange which is where the vocals are. Really good low bass and sub bass. Fun. Can be bright.

DT880 - Neutral to bright neutral.

DT990 - Open back, V shaped like the 770s. Bass is quite good. Can be very bright in the highs. A good choice for an 'exciting' pair of gaming headphones. Still enjoyable for music just certain tracks might be ear murder.

I have 1990 Pros. They're a step up from that line though.

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
The treble gets too bright and they're sibilant. Highs have an SSSSSSSSSS sound to them.

DT770 - Closed back, V shaped, boosted highs and lows, recessed midrange which is where the vocals are. Really good low bass and sub bass. Fun. Can be bright.

DT880 - Neutral to bright neutral.

DT990 - Open back, V shaped like the 770s. Bass is quite good. Can be very bright in the highs. A good choice for an 'exciting' pair of gaming headphones. Still enjoyable for music just certain tracks might be ear murder.

I have 1990 Pros. They're a step up from that line though.
So which would be the best for gaming/spotify ?
I don't play games with small sounds to be attentive for
I listen to music every day

D

Deleted member 217926

No I mean there may be better headphones that aren't Beyerdynamic. And at various price points. But for bass heavy music I'd get the 80ohm DT770s.

OrdJk

Reputable
Jul 26, 2019
No I mean there may be better headphones that aren't Beyerdynamic. And at various price points. But for bass heavy music I'd get the 80ohm DT770s.
I believe that the beyerdynamic's are the best for me, and I also want to hear details in the songs; for the gaming side of things I need to be able to hear details as well. So I think I will go with the DT 880 pro's

TRENDING THREADS