[SOLVED] What is the good fan profile for AMD Wraith Spire cooler?

dhal277

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019
This fan is the loudest part of my pc, and the fan noise is terrible. It's spinning up and down randomly, how shall I adjust the fan profile to have a smoother fan noise? Or at least some constant loudness

Current fan profile is the basic:
IMG

Solution
Looks like you have it to ramp up way too soon. Normally at idle the fan can hove anywhere between 30-50C (random spikes in usage cause CPU to heat up quickly) and the wraith spire isn't that much of a beast. I'd create a flat line at 50% spin from 30c - 60c and then gradually raise it to 100% as it gets closer to 100c.
Looks like you have it to ramp up way too soon. Normally at idle the fan can hove anywhere between 30-50C (random spikes in usage cause CPU to heat up quickly) and the wraith spire isn't that much of a beast. I'd create a flat line at 50% spin from 30c - 60c and then gradually raise it to 100% as it gets closer to 100c.

Solution

dhal277

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019

I think I'll look for a better cooler, I swept out the stealth for the spire due ram clearance but its way more loud

Reactions: Newtonius