Question GPU crashes into a solid color under load.

May 5, 2024
Hey all, my GPU (MSI ARMOR RX 580 2048SP) is crashing under load into a solid color screen, I've done some benchmarking using 3DMark time spy and it worked for a few minutes, and then it crashes into a solid color screen, the crash screen is a solid color with the audio glitching the last sound, it doesn't shut down so I have to turn my pc off using the case button, I've tried my pc without the GPU and used it and it works fine, I've tried everything, reseating the GPU, removing graphics drivers and installing both the latest and older ones, nothing, still the same issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pc specs are:
I3-12100
Asus H610M-K D4
MSI ARMOR RX 580 2048SP
Kingston Fury 8GB 3200Mhz DDR4
GameMax VP450 450W 80+ Bronze
Team Group MP33 256GB M.2

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

GameMax VP450 450W 80+ Bronze
Try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built, 650W unit and see if the issue persists.

removing graphics drivers and installing both the latest and older ones,
Can you elaborate on this? Did you use DDU?

Reactions: OAK999
May 5, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Thanks for the welcome!
Try and source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built, 650W unit and see if the issue persists.
I wish I could do that, I don't know anyone or any place to borrow pc parts, though I am planning to upgrade to either the Seasonic s12iii 650w bronze, or the EVGA 500BA, which are currently the best two PSUs within my budget in the market currently.
removing graphics drivers and installing both the latest and older ones,
Can you elaborate on this? Did you use DDU?
I apologize for the poor wording, I used the AMD Cleanup Utility app to remove all previously installed AMD drivers and tried reinstalling the latest drivers, which didn't work, and I tried installing slightly older drivers, which also didn't work.

Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
You didn't told us how the problem started.
You own this video card for a long time?
You modified recently something at a hardware level ? Or OC-ed something?
You installed a new driver?
Or Windows did it for you ?