[SOLVED] What is the height of the RTX 3080 FE in mm?

Sep 19, 2020
I've been researching the height of this graphic card and the only measurement that I could find is 2 slot, so I went to search what does a 2 slot mean because I'm very new to this PC thing, it said that a slot is equal to 18mm, so i multiplied it by a factor of 2 and it gave me the measurement that it's 36mm, but I'm not really sure because I don't have the GPU to measure its Height, so I want your help to tell me its exact height measurement in terms of mm please.

Solution
It is bizarre that I've googled this and nobody has actually stated the depth of the card with any accuracy other than '2 slot'!

Looking at it though physically it takes up 2 pci backplate slots 'exactly'

The bottom of it is directly in line with the rear plate and is completely flat.

Its definitely going to fit but in all honesty I'm not convinced it's ideal for a gpu as high powered as the 3080.

I don't think temps will be an issue personally but with a solid surface around an inch below that axial fan it will actually sound noisier.
Sep 19, 2020
This is correct, a single slot is generally considered 18mm, i.e. 36 for two and 54 for three
but how do I absolutely know that it's what it says it is? it might as well be a 45mm graphics card and i don't like that because I'm doing a mini itx build (NZXT H210 case) and my itx case got a GPU Height clearance of just 44mm, any graphics card that's thicker than that and it'll choke, so I'm very selective about which graphics card that I put in my mini itx case.
please help.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
Well there is no use for you to rage against the system, it is 18mm per slot period, if it is in between it is but it will block that slot, i.e. a 2.1 slot design will likely block your 3rd slot even if its only a 0.1. If you measure by mm anyways your entire question is moot.

Sep 19, 2020
Well there is no use for you to rage against the system, it is 18mm per slot period, if it is in between it is but it will block that slot, i.e. a 2.1 slot design will likely block your 3rd slot even if its only a 0.1. If you measure by mm anyways your entire question is moot.
I'm not raging at all mate, I'm just concerned about which graphics card that I should buy, I'm really new to this building a PC for myself you know, I already figured out all the parts that I need, the only part/component that I haven't figured out yet is the graphics card, so if you could just tell me the Height measurement in terms of mm for the RTX 3080 FE, that will be very helpful!

It is bizarre that I've googled this and nobody has actually stated the depth of the card with any accuracy other than '2 slot'!

Looking at it though physically it takes up 2 pci backplate slots 'exactly'

The bottom of it is directly in line with the rear plate and is completely flat.

Its definitely going to fit but in all honesty I'm not convinced it's ideal for a gpu as high powered as the 3080.

I don't think temps will be an issue personally but with a solid surface around an inch below that axial fan it will actually sound noisier.

Solution
Sep 19, 2020
According to Nvidia it is 36 mm i.e 2 slots.
ok, so to finish this discussion thread, I'm going to ask you one question, the RTX 2080 FE is 2 slot, this card is out in the market for quite a while now, how much does the RTX 2080 FE measures in Height in terms of mm, because if you told me it's Height, then that means that we know how much the RTX 3080 FE measures in height as well.

ok, so to finish this discussion thread, I'm going to ask you one question, the RTX 2080 FE is 2 slot, this card is out in the market for quite a while now, how much does the RTX 2080 FE measures in Height in terms of mm, because if you told me it's Height, then that means that we know how much the RTX 3080 FE measures in height as well.

The 2080 fe is 35mm in depth.

Reactions: flatty407
I don't know why nzxt didn't make the h210 an inch higher in all honesty. Nobody would have complained and it would have given more room between the GPU and psu shroud.

There are builds on reddit where people have physically removed the psu shroud (cut rivets with a dremel) to compensate.

Sep 19, 2020
ok guys, thanks for the help, now I know how it measures thanks to madmatt30 and Homer j.
the question have been resolved, honestly all I needed was clarification and you guys provided it to me.

I appreciate your help immensely.