Question What is the maximum RAM Capacity for ASUS TUF FX705GE ?

Mar 5, 2022
Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my RAM for my laptop (ASUS TUF FX705GE) and I'm not sure of its maximum capacity.

I found multiple website which tells that there's only 2 slot and it can fit up to 32 GB RAM (2 x 16GB) :

I used this command line on my laptop and found other result :
wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices MaxCapacity MemoryDevices 67108864 4

That's 67 108 864 KB or 64GB, so if I get this right that means 16GB * 4 "Memory Devices"
But why 4 Memory devices ? Is it just the maximum capacity of the motherboard but my laptop only have room for 2 ? Or is a Memory device just a subcomponent of a RAM slot ?

My Task Manager also indicate that I've got only 1 out of 4 slot used (French) :

I've also found this website that tells I can go up to 64GB, but I'm a bit afraid to go for it with just that : https://www.compuram.biz/memory/asus/notebook/tuf-gaming/series/fx705ge/

Motherboard Info & BIOS Version :
N5AJN4f.png

Can I go with 2 x 32GB or should I stick to 2 x 16GB ?
At that point I'm not even sure that I should discard the 4 x 16 GB, even though I'm pretty sure the BIOS Update wouldn't have magically add 2 additionnals slots!!

If someone can help sort this out, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for your time!

Lutfij

Titan
Since you used CPU-Z you stopped just shy of the SPD tab where you can see what slots are populated with the sticks of ram. using Google's image search, here, the motherboard seems to have 2 ram slots that are possible for population/repopulation. This product specsheet, seems to suggest that the maximum ram supported is 32GB. So if you balance the latter info with 2 slots, that's 2x16GB.

What processor are you working with?

Mar 5, 2022
SPD tab :
myEDtoR.png

The other 3 slot are not populated, but it does mention 4 slots there too:
2KeA2EZ.png

As for the processor and for almost everything else I'm on the initial spec you've found, only change I've noticed are SSD size (250GB instead of 125 GB) and OS (Windows 11).
K6ZxRio.png

I'll probably follow your advise and the spec just to be safe, but I admit that I'm curious to understand what I am missing here, or why I get those 4 slots and that 64 GB with the command line.

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my RAM for my laptop (ASUS TUF FX705GE) and I'm not sure of its maximum capacity.

I found multiple website which tells that there's only 2 slot and it can fit up to 32 GB RAM (2 x 16GB) :
I used this command line on my laptop and found other result :
wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices MaxCapacity MemoryDevices 67108864 4

That's 67 108 864 KB or 64GB, so if I get this right that means 16GB * 4 "Memory Devices"
But why 4 Memory devices ? Is it just the maximum capacity of the motherboard but my laptop only have room for 2 ? Or is a Memory device just a subcomponent of a RAM slot ?

My Task Manager also indicate that I've got only 1 out of 4 slot used (French) :

I've also found this website that tells I can go up to 64GB, but I'm a bit afraid to go for it with just that : https://www.compuram.biz/memory/asus/notebook/tuf-gaming/series/fx705ge/

Motherboard Info & BIOS Version :
N5AJN4f.png

Can I go with 2 x 32GB or should I stick to 2 x 16GB ?
At that point I'm not even sure that I should discard the 4 x 16 GB, even though I'm pretty sure the BIOS Update wouldn't have magically add 2 additionnals slots!!

If someone can help sort this out, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for your time!
Start with open the laptop and look.
Do you see 2 or 4 slots?