Question What is the System task and what exactly does it do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2022
Hi, I'm in a Computer Science class and we are learning about Operating Systems right now. More specifically, Windows 10/11. I'm doing research on critical task that appear in task manager. For some reason, I can't find much on the System task so I would like someone to give me a description on it if possible. Doesn't have to be long, just tell me the core components of it and what it does. Also, I've noticed on different computers it constantly uses 0.1 of Disk and 0.1 of RAM, it only utilizes CPU when you open something or really do anything. I opened task manager and it went to 6.8% then went down quite quickly. I also hopped in a game like PUBG and it can use up to 1-4% cpu, usually drops and goes back up, I wonder what is happening. Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this.

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hi, I'm in a Computer Science class and we are learning about Operating Systems right now. More specifically, Windows 10/11. I'm doing research on critical task that appear in task manager. For some reason, I can't find much on the System task so I would like someone to give me a description on it if possible. Doesn't have to be long, just tell me the core components of it and what it does. Also, I've noticed on different computers it constantly uses 0.1 of Disk and 0.1 of RAM, it only utilizes CPU when you open something or really do anything. I opened task manager and it went to 6.8% then went down quite quickly. I also hopped in a game like PUBG and it can use up to 1-4% cpu, usually drops and goes back up, I wonder what is happening. Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this.
Research is done by… well, researching. Do a basic search on Google. Someone once told me, “Google is your friend” - in terms of research, maybe not privacy. There were lots of results in the search below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+does+windows+system+task+do

Status
Not open for further replies.