[SOLVED] what is the technical reason of changing Ip address?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I am on a high speed home broadband in which the IP address usually doesn't change over a period of time, up to weeks or months.
However, it will still change after a few weeks or months.

I am wondering what is the reason of the ISP to change the address? Is it more protected to have a IP address occasionally changed??

Solution
I am on a high speed home broadband in which the IP address usually doesn't change over a period of time, up to weeks or months.

I am wondering what is the reason of the ISP to change the address? Is it more protected to have a IP address occasionally changed??
It could be maintenance on the ISP part, or just policy. Since you are not guaranteed a static IP address, they may force a change periodically just to enforce that.

kanewolf

Titan

It could be maintenance on the ISP part, or just policy. Since you are not guaranteed a static IP address, they may force a change periodically just to enforce that.

Solution