[SOLVED] What is the top of the line GPU as 460 Watt PC can handle?

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi...

I wondering if anyone can help. If I was to buy a 2700X AMD Ryzen Desktop and it contains a 460 Watt Power Supply... What ki

Solution
It's not so much a concern about the performance of the PC. But rather can the PSU handle the processor, GPU and any other power drain on the System. I've seen the system listed with as high as a RTX 2060. But what about 2070's, 2080, Rx580 and RX590s? I just on't want to kill the power supply or the graphics card (or anything else) just because I try to install a GPU which the system can't handle. Does that make more sense?
Hopefully if the PSU reliable one with no problems then you will not end up killing anything but 460 PSU is not enough for most of the top line cards especially if the CPU is high end one as you mentioned. RX 570, GTX 750, and almost any GT card would fit it with no problem but it's always better to...

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
It's not so much a concern about the performance of the PC. But rather can the PSU handle the processor, GPU and any other power drain on the System. I've seen the system listed with as high as a RTX 2060. But what about 2070's, 2080, Rx580 and RX590s? I just on't want to kill the power supply or the graphics card (or anything else) just because I try to install a GPU which the system can't handle. Does that make more sense?

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Also, I'm not sure what PSU Model it has in the OEM Desktop. I just know it's 460 Watts, has a Ryzen 7 2700X and a RTX 2060 GPU. Seems like a bit much for a 460 Watt Power Supply.

Hopefully if the PSU reliable one with no problems then you will not end up killing anything but 460 PSU is not enough for most of the top line cards especially if the CPU is high end one as you mentioned. RX 570, GTX 750, and almost any GT card would fit it with no problem but it's always better to keep the power supply much powerful than what they recommend for particuler card. Otherwise ones you fully load the card, the system may face unexpected shut downs.

Solution
Also, I'm not sure what PSU Model it has in the OEM Desktop. I just know it's 460 Watts, has a Ryzen 7 2700X and a RTX 2060 GPU. Seems like a bit much for a 460 Watt Power Supply.

Then don't buy it.

If you don't want to build your own PC and the system builder can't even be bothered to tell you what PSU is in their build, it sounds suspect and you should just turn around and walk away.

SI's can be very sketchy at times. They'll advertise what CPU, GPU, how much RAM and how much storage space, but won't tell you the brand of anything because they're going to try to use the cheapest parts available that fit that criteria.