What is this CPU Temperature means?

Zack1234

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I used HWiNFO64 to see if my computer is overheating.Under SMSC SCH5027 CPU's temperature is over 190°C.Its bad right?What is SMSC SCH5027 and what should I do?Any help is appreciated!
nef8yt.png

Solution
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the hardware monitoring software is registering incorrect temps. Most CPUs are built to shut down at anywhere from 80-90C. This is an internal control and not one you set in the BIOS or anywhere else. I have one temp that consistently registers incorrectly in HWmonitor for the area around the CPU and has since the beginning. According to HWmonitor, my motherboard should be melting on me.

What make/model of PC is this? Or can you list the internal components if it's a homebuilt?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the hardware monitoring software is registering incorrect temps. Most CPUs are built to shut down at anywhere from 80-90C. This is an internal control and not one you set in the BIOS or anywhere else. I have one temp that consistently registers incorrectly in HWmonitor for the area around the CPU and has since the beginning. According to HWmonitor, my motherboard should be melting on me.

What make/model of PC is this? Or can you list the internal components if it's a homebuilt?

Solution

Zack1234

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Thanks I'll see.I checked this because my monitor turn off and keyboard or mouse not working.I have to restart the machine manually.It's random and I don't know when it's going to happen again.Does this has something to do with it?

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Actually I think the side of his case would be glowing, nevermind the smoking etc

Zack1234

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Yeah Sorry about that.No I am not under warranty.Although monitor and keyboard not working.CPU seems to working fine.I read that new Nvidia driver has problems so I removed that too.I had that VGA driver failing issue on firefox too.

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I think he meant that the hwinfo app could actually be reading the voltage correctly. Meaning that the 10v is the actual reading but it would be off. Its suppose to be 12v. With it being so low it could be the reason for the other issues

Napoleon85

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

I wouldn't do that just based on the readings from this program. It was WAY off on the CPU temp, so how can we assume it's correct on the voltage. Most of these OEM boards do some odd things with the sensors, so you can't really trust what you get out of the monitoring software.

When you say your keyboard and monitor stop working, what exactly do you mean? Does the screen go blank, or does it freeze? Can you still toggle numlock? Can you still move the cursor with the mouse?

Zack1234

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
One time it happened while I was away.there was no any serious programs running that time.Another time when playing a emulator game and then just after starting split second game I minimized it to close another program then it happened again.Yes Screen goes black and monitor light dims.I cant hear any sound from speaker or any beeps.numlock keys don't work.their lights either stays on or don't work.

Napoleon85

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013

I'm starting to think that your motherboard has just given up the ghost. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to replace components in OEM built systems that are out of warranty. Your cheapest option would be a new case, power supply, processor (and probably RAM since this system uses DDR2 and all modern platforms use DDR3). Unfortunately, you won't be able to replace any of those components individually due to proprietary design.

Zack1234

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Are you certain it's motherboard?I have a GTS450 graphic card.I removed it today and replaced with a 9300GS 256 card.Nothing happened so far.GTS450 uses more power right?Anyway Thanks for helping me!

ZionZA

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

You assume all that from a pc that freezes?