[SOLVED] What is this high pitched buzzing sound?

Jan 30, 2020
I started experiencing this yesterday. This high pitched buzzing sound seems to be coming out of gpu when fan is working at high speeds. Is this just a normal coil whine or something like that, or should I be actually worried?

Solution
There are definitely more than two things it could be, especially since it hasn't even been definitively determined that it IS even coming from the graphics card. It could just as easily be originating from the motherboard or power supply, and we've seen all these components being capable of making similar noises in some situations. The first thing to do would be to absolutely determine if it is the card or PSU, or what.

Sounds can resonate or reverberate inside the case and sound like they are coming from someplace they aren't, often.
Since we cannot see or hear what it going on, there is 100% no way for us to have ANY clue. Maybe, POSSIBLY, if you posted a recorded clip of the noise or video of it, that has good audio without any outside interference or distractions, we MIGHT be able to offer an opinion but it will still be a guess to some degree or another. An educated guess, but a guess nonetheless unless the noise is pretty obvious.

Reactions: norcalsc
There are definitely more than two things it could be, especially since it hasn't even been definitively determined that it IS even coming from the graphics card. It could just as easily be originating from the motherboard or power supply, and we've seen all these components being capable of making similar noises in some situations. The first thing to do would be to absolutely determine if it is the card or PSU, or what.

Sounds can resonate or reverberate inside the case and sound like they are coming from someplace they aren't, often.

Solution
Jan 30, 2020
The problem has gotten worse. Yesterday I heard a flickering noise and display shut off randomly and the GPU fan too. Then i have restarted PC and it worked fine again. But this morning there wasn't anything on monitor, it was just a black screen. It gave me a VGA not detected POST code (1 long beep and 3 short). Then i have restarted it again and it worked for a couple of minutes, then it shut off again. There are times when it gives a POST code and times when display is working for a couple of minutes and then shuts off randomly. There are also times when it works just perfectly normal. I have checked the cables and there wasn't any damage.

Jan 30, 2020
It looks like this was a dust problem.After cleaning GPU and all RAM slots it seems to be working perfectly again. Flickering and buzzing is also gone!

TRENDING THREADS