What is this on my motherboard, a pci, agp, or something else?

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
So when i bought this pc i didn't really know much about computers. I bought this for which the pc is not the best; gaming. here are some specs:

8gb ram
intel hd graphics 520
i5 6400
motherboard H110H4-CM2
windows 10

But anyways, i had hoped to increase the Vram to have games run better. But I am not sure of a couple o' things,

Can i even upgrade my graphics with a card, while i have integrated graphics? like, will the integrated graphics just disable for the new ones?

And if i so, I don't know if can even install a graphics card, because i am not sure if my motherboard has it. My motherboard is h110h4-cm2. so here's a photo of my motherboard, and can anyone tell me what is in the red circle? Thanks in advance.

https://imgur.com/DtYdnIB

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

oh my, so i can actually install a video card? wow, I didn't think that would happen haha.

Well i know those cards can get quite expensive, but i'm afraid 60 euro's is the max, unless the card is really good and like 10 euro's more expensive. Do you maybe know what gpu's are compatible?

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

Well I mean, 2gb isn't bad right? And one more question: Will the integrated graphics be a problem? or do i need to disable it or whatever? Or will it disable it by itself when the new card is inserted?

Oh and i have a power supply which puts out 350 watts..

Thing is intel hd 520 is about as fast as the gt 730 so thats a waste of money really. You can always go used but since you have a low power psu your options are also extremely limited.

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

well, the integrated graphics only have 128 mb vram, while the 730 has 2 gb vram. That should be different right?

Also, i see that the geforce gtx 750 ti could fit on my computer, is that a good one?

For what price since those do not retail for under 60€. It should work in your system.

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

yeah its indeed more expensive, but like you said, the once under 60 won't do much better, i see now. So you think geforce gtx 750 ti is a good option?

How much is it? Most 750ti's are sold for little less than a 1050 and if you can get a 1050 which is a lot better then no point in the 750.

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
How much is it? Most 750ti's are sold for little less than a 1050 and if you can get a 1050 which is a lot better then no point in the 750.[/quotemsg]

well, I don't really know what the price of the 750 is, there are a lot of different prices for it. And i can't find one that is new, only other people that sell it.. all i know is that the most 1050 are sold around 150, which is a lot.

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

huh? it says the 1050 needs 2 slots? Or am i viewing a different one..

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Two slots means on the outside of the case, it takes two of those little slots because of the height of the connectors.

As a general rule, it's a good idea to not get obsessed with VRAM when comparing GPUs. It's not a direct measure of processing power. Now, there will be a correlation in that powerful GPUs will tend to have more VRAM than weak GPUs, but it's not a perfect relationship. For example, a GTX 1060 with 3 GB of VRAM will absolutely eviscerate a GT 740 with 4 GB of VRAM.

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

outside of the case? i dont think i have any other openings on the case, are those needed for the gpu card?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

The back of pretty much every case in existence has little slots, mostly with some kind of cutout to remove. It's the only way the connectors can be accessible to being plugged into stuff.

PCBack.jpg

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

Oooh yes, I have that too. How can i remove that? like do i need a saw or is there a smart way to open one up?

On cheap cases they are pulloffs that need to be twisted a bit and then snap off. In more expensive cases they are fastend in with a screw and reusable. Do make sure you have a couple of screws so you can secure the gpu in place.

imdavroz

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018

Okay one more thing, So I have a PCIe x16, do you think this card will fit on it?

https://azerty.nl/product/msi/2666374/geforce-gt-1030-2gh-oc-grafische-kaart-gt-1030?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpcDwy6K92wIVDOEbCh0uJAI-EAQYAiABEgImmPD_BwE

That will work but I recommend you get an actively cooled one.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Actively just means there's a fan as opposed to only the heatsink. You likely have a fairly modest case that's probably not designed for great airflow, so better to get one that has a fan.