What is this thing running in the taskbar?

The 'K' icon probably belongs to "Kaspersky Antivirus" but it should be red when it's working okay and up to date.
If it's grey it usually means the trial version (or the subscription for updates) has expired.

If you go in to Control Panel > Programs & Features you should find the Kaspersky software listed there if I'm right about the icon. You can uninstall it from there and the icon should no longer be there after restarting Windows.

However, you should really not be running the system without some up-to-date antivirus software, so choose one and install it as soon as possible, certainly before downloading anything else (except antivirus software of course).

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Philip its not Kaspersky. As for antivirus I already have MSE. Thanks for the answer though.

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Ya, I have done that. I have checked the programs running in the Task Manager but there's too many of them to narrow down my search to find this particular application.

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

OK, so I found out its All-In-One Keylogger. Problem is I do not remember installing it (I did not install it). Its not in the installed programs. Any way you could help me in removing it?

MamuMogambo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

It's hidden really well. Couldn't find it. I have installed spybot though. I'll try that out.