Question What is your 13900kf's temp when running CPU burner?

Oct 22, 2022
Mine is 99 C on an Arctic 360 liquid cooler when running Furmark's CPU burner...

Is this the same as yours?

I am a little worried.. That cooler is already almost the best you can get on the market. How are we supposed to cool it down further?

How are we supposed to cool it down further?
Custom loop. Better thermal paste or thermal paste application.

Better case, case fans or associated airflow improvements.

Change power plan to balanced and set processor power management minimum setting to 8% and maximum to 100%, and make sure Intel speed step (EIST) is enabled in the BIOS.

Technically this architecture is supposed to be fine at 100°C or less, and if you're only seeing 99°C while running CPU burner, Prime95 with AVX options disabled or a similar steady state 100% load stress test then you are within thermal spec and it's very unlikely you'll ever see ANY load come near that temperature under normal use unless you're running a very AVX heavy workload in which case you can configure an AVX offset in the BIOS to compensate.

What motherboard are you running?

What case and case fan arrangement?

Oct 22, 2022
Custom loop. Better thermal paste or thermal paste application.

Better case, case fans or associated airflow improvements.

Change power plan to balanced and set processor power management minimum setting to 8% and maximum to 100%, and make sure Intel speed step (EIST) is enabled in the BIOS.

Technically this architecture is supposed to be fine at 100°C or less, and if you're only seeing 99°C while running CPU burner, Prime95 with AVX options disabled or a similar steady state 100% load stress test then you are within thermal spec and it's very unlikely you'll ever see ANY load come near that temperature under normal use unless you're running a very AVX heavy workload in which case you can configure an AVX offset in the BIOS to compensate.

What motherboard are you running?

What case and case fan arrangement?

Thanks for the suggestions. Good to know this temp is normal to this architecture.

My MB is Z790, Gigabyte Auros Elite AX.

I don't use any case fans..

I have removed all parts and plates that I could remove from the case, so basically it is just a metal frame now...

I have removed all parts and plates that I could remove from the case, so basically it is just a metal frame now...
Well, I'd say it's likely this is at least part of your problem. Ambient cooling, in fact, even if your CPU and motherboard were just floating magically in the air in the middle of the room, is not going to do as well as if you had active airflow helping to facilitate the removal of heat from parts of the socket, VRMs, other parts of the board, the heat rising off the graphics card towards the CPU and other components via radiation. It also helps move already heated air that is already rising due to stack effect out of the way so that stack effect can occur more readily.

Where is the radiator located? Can you post some pics of this configuration to take a look at?

Oct 22, 2022
Well, I'd say it's likely this is at least part of your problem. Ambient cooling, in fact, even if your CPU and motherboard were just floating magically in the air in the middle of the room, is not going to do as well as if you had active airflow helping to facilitate the removal of heat from parts of the socket, VRMs, other parts of the board, the heat rising off the graphics card towards the CPU and other components via radiation. It also helps move already heated air that is already rising due to stack effect out of the way so that stack effect can occur more readily.

Where is the radiator located? Can you post some pics of this configuration to take a look at?

Sorry for the late reply. I was working during day time.

Here is the picture of my PC...

The case is too small for the liquid cooler and I had to tie it up with shoe laces...