WHAT IS YOUR FAVE COLOR FOR A CAR?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVE COLOR? BLUE RED OR PURPEL

• WHY DO YOU LIKE PURPEL?

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • DO YOU THINK RED IS BOLD?

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • DO YOU THINK BLUE IS POWERFUL?

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Siddeous

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
To me it's more of the shade of the color. The darker the shade of color the better. I had to go with blue since my car is blue.

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
For me it depends on the car.

Like if it is a Ferrari it can only be in Rosso Red no other!

A Sierra Cosworth looks great in charcoal black or maroon.

and so I can go on.

The colors I definitely wont take are pink and purple.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
LOL Rizlla. My Chevy S-10 is purple, with a top-down fade to pink... I guess you'd hate it, but I swear it looks nice. (It looked even better before the clearcoat broke down.) I'd offer up a pic, but I've got no host.

While I like purple, it must be a deep, rich purple, like Mopar's old Plum Crazy Metallic or darker. You can see an example of Plum Crazy here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLOvIAkvm_g

I also like reds, but I prefer dark reds - maroon and burgundy specifically. Ferrari and Fire-Engine red are OK, but far too common.

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
metallic silver & flat black, two tone, i dont like any of those options really. if you paint silver and black in a simple two tone style it looks awsome. even did my lawnmower that way xD

samanosuke47

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
I like liquid red I believe it's called, that dodge has on a few of their vehicles. It's also on other makes, but I don't know what they call it. It's like a really bright red, like electric red I guess? I also like the blue that's similar. Ford has it offered on some things I think, Looks bad-*$$ on the new Mustangs.

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
For those colors Laguna Seca Blue by BMW is the ticket, you never said what type of blue. My favorite color for a car is British Racing Green. A mid '60s E-Type Jag in that color is epic.I just remembered Plum Crazy Purple. I had a neighbor with a Challenger, old one of course, painted that and it was a beautiful car. I still vote blue though.
I hate red cars with a passion but blame my parents for that one. They always bought cheap used cars when I was a kid and they were always red and ALWAYS broke down. I guess it did help me learn to wrench though. The only new car they bought then was a Skoda. I remember driving home and seeing a wheel and half an axle fly by us on the highway thinking man who ever's car that came from is having a crappy day. Then the back end of our car hit the ground. So yeah red cars suck.

TRENDING THREADS