[SOLVED] What kind GPU I can add for my old BIOSTAR with PCI/PEX16 slot?

Mar 22, 2020
I really want to what kind GPU that be put together with Intel Pentium Duo Core CPU. Plus, I am really new so I dont how to insert my photo as reference

Solution
Not really worth to put money into that.
65W PSU - this doesn't sound right. Can you show photo of PSU label?

You could probably put something like GT 730 into that pc. But again - not really worth it.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I really want to what kind GPU that be put together with Intel Pentium Duo Core CPU. Plus, I am really new so I dont how to insert my photo as reference

Hi @kanzai94

1st off, Welcome to the forums!

2nd, Please provide full specs for your PC. We'll need to know:

• What model Core 2 Duo you have,
  • How much RAM you have installed,
  • The exact motherboard you have
  • What type of Power Supply you have.
Once we know that, we'll be better able to tell you what would work best in your system. Download a small program called CPU-Z and run it. It'll answer a few of the above questions.

Have you given any thought to upgrading your entire machine to a current gen Intel or Ryzen?

Whats your max "realistic" budget?

Last but not least, what will the PC be used for? Gaming? Productivity Surfing the web? This plays a big roll in what type of GPU we suggest, though with the age of your system, this pretty much could all be bunched together.

As for the pics, you can upload them to Imgur then once you have the link to the pic, enter it here or click on the "Insert image" tab in the tools above this post.

More info please.

And again, Welcome! :)

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020
Hi @kanzai94

1st off, Welcome to the forums!

2nd, Please provide full specs for your PC. We'll need to know:

• What model Core 2 Duo you have,
  • How much RAM you have installed,
  • The exact motherboard you have
  • What type of Power Supply you have.
Once we know that, we'll be better able to tell you what would work best in your system. Download a small program called CPU-Z and run it. It'll answer a few of the above questions.

Have you given any thought to upgrading your entire machine to a current gen Intel or Ryzen?

Whats your max "realistic" budget?

Last but not least, what will the PC be used for? Gaming? Productivity Surfing the web? This plays a big roll in what type of GPU we suggest, though with the age of your system, this pretty much could all be bunched together.

As for the pics, you can upload them to Imgur then once you have the link to the pic, enter it here or click on the "Insert image" tab in the tools above this post.

More info please.

And again, Welcome! :)
Hi @kanzai94

Hi? Thanks for reply, currently I cannot start/running my pc as waiting my new cable to arrive. Just like I said its Intel Pentium (sorry cannot tell which model 😢). And I believe 2 Gb RAM with 2 slot. For MoBo, I only know its from BIOSTAR (again sorry cannot run that CPU-Z). And lastly for Power Supply, its from Chinese manufacture with around 65 W I believe.

I never upgrade this system for very long time, last time I did only for that RAM slot. My "realistic" budget should be around $50-200. I bought this system around 2010 and mostly just for surfing web/home task. Its does play some game back then with Left4Dead 2, CS:Source and GTA:SA. A bit hiccup for L4D2 as try to load the game but once I am in, its good to go.

Here the Picture my mobo

Mar 22, 2020
Um guys? little note here, I am not really wanna make this system to make powerful gaming rig. Just good enough/decent GPU to run some older game. Thanks for response though 😁

Later I will check again my unit