[SOLVED] What kind of problem is this? Can this be fixed or is a display replacement required?

andruskatuska

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018
Hey guys,

I own an FX505DT-AL061 Asus TUF gaming laptop. Starting december, i started getting weird pixels on my screen once i turned my laptop on (usually after a period of inactivity). This pixel group dissapeared after 10 minutes, but it gets progressively worse each time it appears. Due to its nature, when I sent the laptop for repair, they said they couldnt find anything wrong with my laptop's screen. Now I got my laptop back and the problem doesnt appear ocassionally anymore. It appears with every boot and its extremely frustrating. What should I do? It's not a GPU issue since hooking up a display shows no problem on that one. Pixels color vary from white to blue.

ZrvplGR.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Nobody but you can see your image. Google drive and other uploading sites like it, do not work well for image display here. Try using imgur.com. Be sure that your image ends in an image format like .png, .jpg or a similar image format. If the URL of the image ends in something other than an image format, it will not work correctly. Image galleries, will not work correctly either unless you use the insert media function which can be selected using the three dots drop down menu option.
Nobody but you can see your image. Google drive and other uploading sites like it, do not work well for image display here. Try using imgur.com. Be sure that your image ends in an image format like .png, .jpg or a similar image format. If the URL of the image ends in something other than an image format, it will not work correctly. Image galleries, will not work correctly either unless you use the insert media function which can be selected using the three dots drop down menu option.

Solution

andruskatuska

Prominent
Aug 9, 2018
Thank you. I fixed it.

No idea what is causing that specific anomaly. It certainly looks like a problem with the panel or the ribbon cable that connects the panel to the motherboard though. I really doubt that is anything related to drivers, software or motherboard/display adapter.