what laptop specs should i go for?

Jun 23, 2023
Been looking at getting a laptop for studies and fun, I think i found good deal, just not sure if i should look for something different
Budget= $2000AUD=$1350USD

Lenovo LOQ 15APH8 AMD
  • Processor : AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640HS Processor (4.30 GHz up to 5.00 GHz)
  • Operating System : Windows 11 Home 64
  • Graphic Card : NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4050 6GB GDDR6
  • Memory : 16 GB DDR5-5600MHz (SODIMM) - (2 x 8 GB)
  • Storage : 512 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe Gen4 TLC
  • Display : 15.6" WQHD (2560 x 1440), IPS, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, Narrow Bezel, 100% sRGB, 350nits, 165Hz
  • Camera : 1080P FHD with Dual Microphone and Privacy Shutter
  • Battery : 4 Cell Li-Polymer 60Wh
  • AC Adapter / Power Supply : 170W
  • Fingerprint Reader : No Fingerprint Reader
  • Pointing Device : ClickPad
  • Keyboard : 4zone RGB Backlit, Storm Grey - English (US)
  • WLAN : Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX & Bluetooth® 5.1 or above

Last edited:

Not sure if you have seen any of the above links.

It's a quite recent laptop with apparently good specs.

Don't know your budget. Presumably you could do better if the sky were the limit. Most likely it isn't.

Much preferable if you can get your hands on one briefly to judge the keyboard feel and screen quality. Maybe you can't do that?

I've heard good things about Lenovo laptops, but have no personal experience.

I tried to find a benchmark score on that specific processor, but failed. I suppose because it is quite new and not a lot of examples in the wild as yet.

Jun 23, 2023

Not sure if you have seen any of the above links.

It's a quite recent laptop with apparently good specs.

Don't know your budget. Presumably you could do better if the sky were the limit. Most likely it isn't.

Much preferable if you can get your hands on one briefly to judge the keyboard feel and screen quality. Maybe you can't do that?

I've heard good things about Lenovo laptops, but have no personal experience.

I tried to find a benchmark score on that specific processor, but failed. I suppose because it is quite new and not a lot of examples in the wild as yet.
Sorry, i've updated the post with my budget. But yeah it does seem like a good deal, the problem is that it comes in at $500AUD under budget so i've been trying to see if i could find something better for more, doesn't seem to be the case though, bit of silly problem to have i know. As someone who hasn't ever really had a laptop, i do find it strange that i can't find anything in the market with better specs even though i'm willing to pay more.