What mechanical keyboard should I get?

reubenno

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
Hello,
I am going to buy a mechanical gaming keyboard and I am torn between 3 options.
The first is the Corsair K60 which I like due to its aesthetics and overall strength, also it has very good reviews
The K70 is the same but it is fully mechanical and features backlighting however it is quite a bit more expensive
The final one is the QPAD MK-80 pro with Red MX switches, this is priced at the same amount as the K60.

Any thoughts on what keyboard I should get?

Thanks

the vengance K60 is a mechanical keyboard only the Function keys(edit) are domed so if your not an mmo gamer they will last as long as the rest of the keyboard.
to be honest theres not much separating your choices as they are all well built, all have full nkroll over usb all have full antighosting so its down to the keyswitch you can get them in.
the mk80 can be had in red, bluck,brown and black where as the corsair keyboards are limited to blue and red. personally i like the linear reds but people who type a lot tend to like the blues.
for gaming the red and brown keys are the more popular options so i would suggest you make your decision on what keytype you prefer and what you can get the keyboard with.

Really depends on your preferences.
What key switch would you prefer?
Do you prefer a wrist-rest?
Do you want back-lighting? If so, what color would you prefer?

The K60 does not have macro keys like what HEXiT said, only the K70 has macro keys. The K60 isn't fully mechanical though, as is the K70. The K60 is mostly mechanical, but the function keys and the keys above the arrow keys (home, end, page up/down, etc.) are rubber domes.

You can probably find some cheaper alternatives similar to the K70 depending on your preference.