what mobo should i buy?

rep_stosd

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello:
I would like to get a 1.2 ghz t-bird but... should i wait for the 133fsb? Should i buy a ddr mobo? I've been looking around and it looks like ddr doesn't help that much with the current processor, am i wrong? I currently am looking at the asus A7V133, is this a good one? I won't do much overclocking so that doesn't matter much to me. And i would like to maybe take the chip i buy now and put it in a dual board when it comes out. Thanks!

rep_stosd

G

Hey there rep, I just finished building 4 ASUS A7M 266 DDR machines. I used pc 1600 with a athlon 1.1 GHz 100FSB. I was unable to get 133FSB for the processor but I know for work they can upgrade to them if nessacary.

I have worked with all the asus a7v series and I can tell you the work amazingly. I have yet to have any of them freeze up and performance wise has been amazingly fast.

DDR does help a fair amount on the high speed athlons. From the test I did it was around 10% total system performance just by switching to pc 1600 on 200FSB vs the same system of the A7V