[SOLVED] What motherboard should I buy with AMD 5700X?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Hi,

My budget is limited so I will have a few options to consider between. Can you please tell me which one should I get with 5700X?

1- MSI B550M-A PRO
2- Gigabyte B550M H
3- Asus Prime B550M-K
4- MSI B550M PRO
5- MSI B550M PRO-VDH
6- Asus PRIME B550M-A
7- MSI B550M PRO-VDH Wi-Fi

Thanks.

Solution
...However I would like to overclock my CPU without any issue. In this case, which one you would prefer between those?
I'd suggest the MSI B550m Pro VDH is probably "best" of that selection for your purpose (certainly not best of all mATX B550's though). MSI has done very well with strong VRM's in B550 and that one has the CPU VCore FET's under heatsinks. I also like MSI's BIOS as they provide more complete fan control and as well temperature and voltage information...specifically, VRM temp and memory DIMM voltage. Asus in particular limits what they allow to be monitored as you go lower in their product stack.

But this is probably a personal choice as much as any since just about any B550 board will work well enough with a...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In a case like this:

Filter by the amount of RAM headers, does one have WiFi or Bluetooth, do they have the connections you want?

If they all fall under the 'yes' category for that, which one looks best to you and will fit the theme you (may or may not) be wanting with the build, matches the (GPU) card you want, the RAM color, etc.

After that, go look for reviews and make sure none of them are just 'dogs'.

Also of note, make sure they are BIOS ready, out of the box, or have capacity to flash BIOS without CPU for the one you plan to use in said motherboard.

D

Deleted member 2841972

In a case like this:

Filter by the amount of RAM headers, does one have WiFi or Bluetooth, do they have the connections you want?

If they all fall under the 'yes' category for that, which one looks best to you and will fit the theme you (may or may not) be wanting with the build, matches the (GPU) card you want, the RAM color, etc.

After that, go look for reviews and make sure none of them are just 'dogs'.

Also of note, make sure they are BIOS ready, out of the box, or have capacity to flash BIOS without CPU for the one you plan to use in said motherboard.
I don't really care about the color or the combination. Plus WiFi or Bluetooth is not necessary for me. However I would like to overclock my CPU without any issue. In this case, which one you would prefer between those?

...However I would like to overclock my CPU without any issue. In this case, which one you would prefer between those?
I'd suggest the MSI B550m Pro VDH is probably "best" of that selection for your purpose (certainly not best of all mATX B550's though). MSI has done very well with strong VRM's in B550 and that one has the CPU VCore FET's under heatsinks. I also like MSI's BIOS as they provide more complete fan control and as well temperature and voltage information...specifically, VRM temp and memory DIMM voltage. Asus in particular limits what they allow to be monitored as you go lower in their product stack.

But this is probably a personal choice as much as any since just about any B550 board will work well enough with a 5700X CPU. Especially once you give up the idea of overclocking it...assuming you mean in the conventional all-core fixed clock method that doesn't work well at all with Zen 2 and 3 CPU's. The better way is to undervolt using curve optimizer along with PBO to tweak the power and core current limits a little.

Last edited:
Solution