Question what motherboard sould i get for eagle rtx 3050

Don’t get that card. Those are terrible value. I suggest the amd rx 6600 for a value pick. Or for a little more look at the rx 6600 xt or 6650xt. Those last 2 cards are pretty close in performance, whichever one you can get the better deal on is the one to get there.

These amd cards though are closer in performance to an rtx 3060, but typically cost less than the rtx 3050 which is why I don’t recommend the 3050.

What’s are the specs of your system including cpu, motherboard and particularly make and model of your power supply?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
OP

what motherboard do you have right now?

if you are getting a 3050, then get a mobo that supports at least a 10th gen intel cpu. Using a 10600k with my RTX 3050 right now, and it works fine.

of course, if you have a bit more to spend.. then go for a mobo that can support a 12th gen or higher - this would be useful when someday you upgrade to something stronger than the 3050.

_

@ohio_buckeye

oh, our resident AMD advertiser doing his job. I'm just kidding ok. lol

anyway, the 6600 is indeed a stronger gpu than the 3050. It's surprisingly priced less too.

I do like amd admittedly but I’m a fan of price to performance. And i actually considered an Intel build but can’t yet see enough uplift from my 5800x to justify the build.

That said if you look purely price to performance, lately nvidia just doesn’t have things together in my opinion.

Another option I should have mentioned that is an up and comer is the Intel arc a750. At least in the USA it appears to be priced less than both of the other cards but is a newer player. I’ve looked at Intel gpus a bit also but since I’ve currently got an rx 5700xt I don’t think they give me enough performance improvements to justify upgrading yet.

https://www.newegg.com/intel-arc-a750-21p02j00ba/p/N82E16814883002

It’s not that the 3050 is a bad card but I’d like it better at $200.

Reactions: Tac 25

lowfy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2020
In order to determine if your motherboard can handle the RTX 3050 Eagle graphics card, you will need to check if it has a compatible PCI Express slot. The RTX 3050 Eagle uses a PCIe 4.0 interface, so you will need a motherboard with a PCIe 4.0 slot for optimal performance.

You should also check the power supply requirements for the RTX 3050 Eagle. It requires a 550W power supply with at least one 8-pin PCIe power connector. Make sure your power supply can meet these requirements.