[SOLVED] What motherboards should i use to upgrade?

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
System specs:
Ryzen 5 3500 @ 3.6 GHz
Asrock a320 HDV rev 4
Team Elite LPX DDR4-3200 2x4GB
Adata 120 GB SSD 2.5"
WD Blue 500 GB
Asus Geforce GTX 950 2 GB
Gamemax GP 550

next week im planing to upgrade my mainboard, because in the next month i want to upgrade my ram without removing my old ram, but i still dont know what mainboard that can help me.
can you suggest me what mainboard and what psu which will help it work?

Solution
thanks for all the answer bruh it help me a lot.
I want to try some overclocking too, but i have read in many articles that my motherboard cant overclock my cpu. So if it like you said before, if im upgrading my motherboard to other motherboard that have 4 dimms slot, it wont work even if im adding same ram as i have now?
RAM is only guaranteed to work in the matches kit it sold. Using the exact same RAM does reduce the chance of issues but it does not eliminate it. See the odd man out section of this https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

If you want the best features then look at B550 motherboards, these also guarantee support for next...
What budget? What features do you want/need?

You mention upgrading your RAM without taking out the old RAM. Mixing RAM not from a single matched kit can cause issues. Also when using 4 dimms/sticks you are more likely to have difficulty getting higher speeds. Your best option is selling what you have and getting a 2x8gb 3200-3600mhz kit.

Reactions: Zerk2012

bintangwidiyo

Commendable
Aug 14, 2020
What budget? What features do you want/need?

You mention upgrading your RAM without taking out the old RAM. Mixing RAM not from a single matched kit can cause issues. Also when using 4 dimms/sticks you are more likely to have difficulty getting higher speeds. Your best option is selling what you have and getting a 2x8gb 3200-3600mhz kit.

I want to try some overclocking too, but i have read in many articles that my motherboard cant overclock my cpu. So if it like you said before, if im upgrading my motherboard to other motherboard that have 4 dimms slot, it wont work even if im adding same ram as i have now?

RAM is only guaranteed to work in the matches kit it sold. Using the exact same RAM does reduce the chance of issues but it does not eliminate it. See the odd man out section of this https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...y-ram-and-xmp-profile-configurations.3398926/

If you want the best features then look at B550 motherboards, these also guarantee support for next generation 4000 series CPU’s. You can choose cheaper B450 motherboards but you need to be careful that it comes with a compatible BIOS for your 3000 series cpu. The MSI B450 ‘Max’ range guarantee to have a 3000 series ready BIOS. The MSI B450 Tomahawk Max or MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max would be good choices that are usually well priced.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Their not much overclocking room with those processors the normal boost speed usually is fine. Just buy a decent cooler so you get max boost.