Question What mouse/keyboard should I buy? Something cheap but good.

TripRodriguez

Honorable
Apr 8, 2014
My second G502 has started going bad. Left click is worn out and the cursor wanders even with the mouse upside down. That makes two of them in less than four years,the first one the sensor just stopped working entirely. Before that I had a RAT7 that died after 18 months, a G700s that lasted under two years, two top rated Razer mice that lasted barely over one year each... The only gaming mouse that hasn't died on me is the first one I ever bought! Microsoft Sidewinder! That thing is an antique! Not enough buttons on it anyway.

On top of that my G910 has LED's going out. It's only a little over two years old I think. I've gone through lots of gaming keyboards too but a cheap, somewhat decent gaming keyboard is easier to find than a decent mouse with a good button layout.

I've more or less decided that if this stuff is only going to last one to two years I should buy cheaper ones so it doesn't hurt as bad to replace them.

Main thing for me in choosing a mouse is usable buttons. Truth be told my favorite gaming mouse I ever owned was the WoW legendary... I loved the buttons alongside the scroll wheel. I'm getting older, and fumbling my keys and buttons is getting to be more and more of an issue! =P

Thanks for any advice!

PS- Despite the fact that I'm very irritated with Logitech right now I suspect I'm probably going to go with the G300s. Cheap and has a decent button layout. I'm hoping maybe you folks can point me to other good options so I can thumb my nose at Logitech instead of buying another of their products.

Last edited:

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
I don't know what your main uses for this mouse and keyboard would be. If you are into shooting games then I highly recommend the Glorious Model O Gaming mouse. It weighs 67g (which is insane for FPS players), has a high quality laser, has RGB (if you care about that), and it is only 49.99$ which is a pretty good price compared to competitors. the ratings on the mouse speak for themselves, everywhere I look they are rated 5 stars across the board for customer satisfaction. You may notice they resemble the Final Mouse that was released but Final Mouse gave up on making mice because they are completely delusional and have no clue how to run a business. So Glorious basically took over their design, added RGB, dropped the price, and believe it or not they are actually being shipped on time. As far as Keyboards, what type of work do you use it for? would the number pad be needed, or is it mainly for gaming?

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
The Rosewill K85 is a pretty solid Mechanical Keyboard and they are going for 59.99CND$ right now. I've personally used one of these before and they have excellent sturdy build quality and responsive switches. It is a full size keyboard and comes with a calculator key too if that is something you would need. It also has custom RGB that you can customize tons of different ways without installing any third party software (although there is software available if you would prefer to use the software). Overall it is a really good budget mechanical keyboard, and it doesn't feel like you are compromising build quality. It is made out of an Aluminium frame, so it is pretty rigid. Hope this helps a bit