Question What mouse should I get for large Hands?

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
I'm looking to replace my nearly 2 year old Logitech G403 due to scroll wheel issues/side grip issues that recently arised, my hands are 20/20.5 cm in length from the wrist to the utmost part of the middle finger, then 11 cm in width from my thumb to the little finger or even nearly 11.5 cm . I am a claw grip user, right hand user. But I have no idea what mouse should I pick from my personal options, so need a bit of help.

I have a small amount of options to choose from, due to living in SEA, specifically the Philippines. I need help with choosing what mouse should be perfect for me, I do prefer not too heavy but not too light mice and also big ones like the FK1+ from Zowie, or the EC1-B. I previously have also had the Logitech G502 for nearly 2 years, and G602 for 1 year previously and liked how big and heavy those mice were, but the shape and simplicity of the G403 will be really nice aswell. I have previously holden a Logitech G102 and it's way too small for me.

I have heard of the problems about certain Zowie mice.As well as some certain Steelseries mice like the Rival 600, and Logitech G603. I would prefer a mouse that would last long. I mostly play FPS games ( Mostly CS:GO ) although, I do also play casually. I have a $100 budget, can't order from Amazon and can only choose from local resellers, and these are the only mice I could choose from based on the size of my hands as well as watching or reading some reviews here and there.

Zowie EC1-B, Zowie FK1+, or the Zowie FA11,

Steelseries Rival 310, Steelseries Sensei 310, Steelseries Rival 600,

or maybe another G403/G502? or the Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex and Logitech G603.

There are some other mice I'm not really fond of, like Corsair, Razer, Asus, or maybe HyperX. But suggestions would also be nice, also for those owners of the said mice, I would very much like to hear your opinion.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
You can change the DPI by clicking the button on top of the mouse and it won't need to be changed again after turning off the computer. My hands are big enough that is use XXL gloves and they still don't always come completely down the palm of my hand.
Yes, I know that the buttons near the scroll wheel are for the DPI. What I'm saying is, if you uninstall Razer Synapse which is some Software/Bloatware ( Owned a Kraken before, at least 2 years ago. Unless they have changed, so I kinda know. ) , the DPI won't save and it will go back to some preset DPI settings from the factory , which sucks.

Or another example is, let's say for the first setting you have 400 DPI on your PC. If you plug that to another Computer, the DPI won't save and the first setting will be different.

How long have you had your DA Elite?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
My hands are almost the exact same measurements as yours and I use the Cooler Master MS120 Combo:
which included a mouse similar to the Master Mouse 520 and I like it a lot.
It does NOT use software so the RGB colors and dpi stay set after a reboot.

Last edited:

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
My hands are almost the exact same measurements as yours and I use the Cooler Master MS120 Combo:
which included a mouse similar to the Master Mouse 520 and I like it a lot.
It does NOT use software so the RGB colors and dpi stay set after a reboot.
Sadly, this isn't available here. Is there another mouse you can recommend? How does it feel holding it with a fingertip/claw grip hybrid?

Based on my own preference, I too was looking for a larger mouse and stumbled across the Corsair IronClaw RGB. This mouse states it's palm grip, however you can also use it as claw grip if your hands are large enough like mine.
View: https://youtu.be/1_hRQQpiuKg
Hmm.. The Ironclaw is available here, do you have this currently? Can you hold it with a Fingertip/Claw grip hybrid? How is this mouse doing despite Corsairs QC issues? Doesn't the hump at the back feel awkward?

Sadly, this isn't available here. Is there another mouse you can recommend? How does it feel holding it with a fingertip/claw grip hybrid?

Hmm.. The Ironclaw is available here, do you have this currently? Can you hold it with a Fingertip/Claw grip hybrid? How is this mouse doing despite Corsairs QC issues? Doesn't the hump at the back feel awkward?
I've notice no quality control issues. It did take some getting used to but that was only because I went to that mouse from the Logitech G502 which was considerably smaller. Now that i've had time to get used to it, it fits my large hands better than the G502 did.

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
I'm really enjoying the SteelSeries Rival 310. The only problem I've had with it is the rubber side grips peeling off after 6 months or so which I believe is/was a common issue. I cleaned the glue off mine then stuck them back on with a thin smear of silicone compound and they've stayed in place ever since.

The large size did take a little getting used to as my hands are average in size. I tend to palm it, but people with larger hands are known to claw it. The hump on the back isn't too pronounced either, so it's comfortable to hold either way. Tracking is excellent and the sensor seems to be fairly surface-agnostic.

The switches also feel excellent in my opinion with no rattly buttons when you're chucking the mouse around.

It's the kind of mouse that tends to polarise opinion either strongly for or against it, largely based on the size and shape. Personally, I love it.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
I've notice no quality control issues. It did take some getting used to but that was only because I went to that mouse from the Logitech G502 which was considerably smaller. Now that i've had time to get used to it, it fits my large hands better than the G502 did.
How long have you had it? Issues tend to pop up within months of usage. I am considering to get this as well.
I'm really enjoying the SteelSeries Rival 310. The only problem I've had with it is the rubber side grips peeling off after 6 months or so which I believe is/was a common issue. I cleaned the glue off mine then stuck them back on with a thin smear of silicone compound and they've stayed in place ever since.

The large size did take a little getting used to as my hands are average in size. I tend to palm it, but people with larger hands are known to claw it. The hump on the back isn't too pronounced either, so it's comfortable to hold either way. Tracking is excellent and the sensor seems to be fairly surface-agnostic.

The switches also feel excellent in my opinion with no rattly buttons when you're chucking the mouse around.

It's the kind of mouse that tends to polarise opinion either strongly for or against it, largely based on the size and shape. Personally, I love it.
I guess you have owned and used the Rival 310 for a year? How does it fare against sweaty hands? I'm thinking of getting one myself over all the mice that I listed since it has the features I'm looking for and similar to the G403.

RayOfDark

Reputable
May 16, 2019
I suppose it must be around a year, yes.

The weather has been pretty clammy where I am for the past few days and the Rival 310 is a little more slippery in the hand now my hands are getting sweaty, but not enough to cause any problems.

There's sufficient texturing to the side rubbers for the mouse not to escape when I waggle it about, plus the lower edges of both sides where your thumb and pinky sit are concave, so you can grip it securely with minimal pressure required.

As it tends to be promoted as an eSports mouse, I guess they've tailored it to suit sweaty hands.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
I suppose it must be around a year, yes.

The weather has been pretty clammy where I am for the past few days and the Rival 310 is a little more slippery in the hand now my hands are getting sweaty, but not enough to cause any problems.

There's sufficient texturing to the side rubbers for the mouse not to escape when I waggle it about, plus the lower edges of both sides where your thumb and pinky sit are concave, so you can grip it securely with minimal pressure required.

As it tends to be promoted as an eSports mouse, I guess they've tailored it to suit sweaty hands.
It's relatively new.
Alright, thanks, I think I'll decide between the EC1-B , Ironclaw, and Rival 310. Head to a Store and test these mice with my grip and see what's best for me.