what nvidia graphics card can run 3 monitors and is single slot width?

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013
so i need a cheap nvidia card that gonna be able to run 3 monitors at once and is only the width of one slot. if the cards slot width is one and the cooler makes it worth 2 slots il just replace the cooler for a smaller one.

the reason that it needs to be a one slot is because the spot it will go on my motherboard will be the last slot on the very edge of the board, so there is no room unless i remove the power supply, and we all know thats not a option....at first.

i7 4770k
asus z87-a
128 ssd
3 tb
16 gb cas 7 1600
850 watt
5.1 sound card
7970 ghz with 3 24 in monitors( will be upgrading to a 780 ti, hence the reason for needing another nvidia card not a amd or ati)
6570 with 2 monitors a 55 in tv and a 19 flat analog small monitor for all my icons and system monitor programs

turns out when you have different resolutions from your eyefinity setup it causes them problems when you go in and out of games. i had a 720 tv hooked up and it forced it to 1080 and moved the 19 in on top of the eyefinity and made it 1080 as well. now that i got the 55 in 1080 it forces it to the same res as the 19 and moves the 19 all the way over to the left. such a pain all the time.

so basically the second nvidia card will just run 3 monitors for extra viewing space while the 780 ti will run my 3 gaming monitors and my tv. i dont want to get a card thats over 50 bucks just to get rid of it when i get a second 780 ti down the road and even then id most likely just ad even more monitors .

for now this is my plan
780 ti>3 24 in monitors and one 55 in tv
low end nvidia card> 3 24 in monitors

and then just cause im crazy 3 more on the second ti

If you think what im gonna do is a waste of money it most likely is, but i love having the extra viewing space to view all the file folders at once and many browser tabs.

i also have the option of usb to dvi/hdmi/vga but those are not good for viewing videos much

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

at long last i found this card.
PNY GeForce GT 630 VCGGT630SLXPB Video Card 1GB DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8588576&CatId=3585

you think cause its a non reference card that it supports up to 3, because the other cards i was looking at on there that are 630 said up to two monitors.

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

and actuly some of the 610-640 can only do 2

From the Nvidia site :-
geforce-gt-610-3qtr.png

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-610/product-images

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

all it says for multi monitor is yes and the last time i checked yes was not a number, believe me i tried....using as a number.
tigerdirect is just kinda annoying because for one card it says it supports 4 but only has 3 ports and one is not display

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

yea but i plan on a second ti in the future anyway.
the cards manufacture sites arnt really reliable because they just normally list yes for multi monitors. i would rather get a cheap single card now so that i dont have to toss what ever card i get later. i was also thinking about using the onboard graphics with just any card. though then the multiplier goes down because on board is active.
if i cant find a card thats listed as supporting 3 il just buy a usb to dvi adapter.

the one i really want is this one http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8139478&CatId=3585

its perfect but doesnt say how many only that it supports more than one

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
Your links go to a search listing of a dozen cards (at least on my iPad). That doesn't help. Then again 50% of the time I want to throw this f'n iPad at a brick wall....

I know for a fact that the Asus GT640-2GD3 runs 4 cuz I use a pair of them. But if you're set on a 780Ti then so be it.

If 6xx cards can run three monitors and the card has three ports why wouldn't it run three monitors?

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

my 7970 has 4 but doesnt support all 4 normally. so just because it has the ports for multiple connections it doesnt mean it can do that many

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

but again that isnt helpful because the card has to be single slot. and i want the 780 ti because it will be running my 3 gaming monitors and my tv. the second card that i want to put all the way at the end of my motherboard only has room for a single slot gpu, and will be only running 3 additional displays for multitasking for a total of 7 monitors. the reason i want to do it this way is so i can have room for a second 780 ti in the future without having to toss aside a usable card thats gonna cost me about 50-100

Are you sure? Wasn't multi monitor support/Eyefinity supposed to be an AMD GPU strongpoint?

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED

Getting back to this one - sorry but what multiplier are you taking about when using onboard graphics???

The only option I know of is a Galaxy MDT GT610 that drives 4 displays but reports them as 2 super wide displays to Windows. It combines two 1920x1080 screens into a single 3840x1080 "display area". Times two. I have one, no longer being used. Newegg might still have them for $40 or so. Or you can buy mine.

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

yea you see the most i can get out of tht card is 5 monitors, but i have to use a spliter to create 3 display ports out of one display port then i can use any combo of my 2 dvi and hdmi, but only 2 out of the remaining 3 can be used.

so when i have my tv plugged into the card by mistake as a did earlier today it wouldn't work, because it can only handle 2 display out put at a time plus one displayport conection,

to even get 6 displays you must use 4 displayport conections or more or plus 2 hdmi, dvi, or vga for the remaining monitors

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

well it would work but its just too much money on amozon. its 195 at amozon
http://
i think il just buy a card thats listed as 3 on tigerdirect or buy one thats the same card and buy from newegg.
though if i buy from tiger i can return it saying the listing info was incorrect

frogsot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2013

yea but im having problems with eyefinity and crossfire doesn't work well with it right now so i may just get a 780 or a 780 ti. from what im seeing now the ti only gets a few more fps in a few games. amd cards make just way to much heat. so this time im just gonna try nvidia.

and it turns out that cards 640 and above support 3 displays or more. they simply be listed as supporting surround