[SOLVED] What options to rebuild system with current RAID 5 array?

Oct 30, 2019
My ASUS P5Q Pro died after nearly 10 years of almost continuous service. The board's Marvell 88SE6111 RAID controller has 5 matched Western Digital 640GB in RAID 5 array. What are my modern motherboard options to build a new system with this RAID array intact? (Similar dual post maybe because I had to register.)

Solution
The Asus P5Q Pro motherboard does not have 4 ports on the Marvell controller, only a single IDE connector which supports 2 ide/pata devices.

If you have 4 drives in a motherboard raid setup then you are using the Intel Chipset raid.

What are you plans for another PC? or do you have one you can start data recovery from?
If you manage to find another Intel based board with support for raid5 on the Intel Chipset then it may work with nothing else to do. This is also not too risky but any risk is too much so you should recover your data first or Image each drive to another device unfortunately.

popatim

Titan
The Asus P5Q Pro motherboard does not have 4 ports on the Marvell controller, only a single IDE connector which supports 2 ide/pata devices.

If you have 4 drives in a motherboard raid setup then you are using the Intel Chipset raid.

What are you plans for another PC? or do you have one you can start data recovery from?
If you manage to find another Intel based board with support for raid5 on the Intel Chipset then it may work with nothing else to do. This is also not too risky but any risk is too much so you should recover your data first or Image each drive to another device unfortunately.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS