What pc game has highest spec requirement?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

meowmix44

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Also, COD Ghost doesn't need 6GB of ram, it was just set to try to match BF4 and gain market by making the game seem more capable.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
CoD Ghosts doesn't require 6GB of RAM at most it will use 2GBs. The system requirments of the game are a joke. I can build a rig to run COD:MW and it'll run Ghosts just as fine. Ghosts is already disclosed from this topic.

On the other hand watch dogs, visually is stunning and I expect the requirments to be quite high end

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
CoD Ghosts doesn't require 6GB of RAM at most it will use 2GBs. The system requirments of the game are a joke. I can build a rig to run COD:MW and it'll run Ghosts just as fine. Ghosts is already disclosed from this topic.

On the other hand watch dogs, visually is stunning and I expect the requirments to be quite high end

Right, and the engine isn't too impressive either.

Nov 9, 2013

It's not even released on PC yet.

Speaking of highest system requirement, currently, it's Crysis 3. No doubt. Although Watch Dogs could be the next but we don't know yet. It isn't even release yet. You can also say BF4 but Crysis 3 absorbs more than BF4. CoD Ghost is a joke. They're probably trying to make it impressive. They didn't need to do that if they want their game to be "sold".

Matthew-san

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Watch Dogs is probably the most demanding game right now, which is kind of weird, because it doesn't even look as good as some other PC games. It is an open-world game after-all so that takes more resources then games like Crysis 3, BF 4, and Arma III.

Matthew-san

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
Assassin's Creed Unity may dethrone Watch Dogs soon enough though, depending on how well the game is built and optimized for PC. Then Batman: Arkham Knightor The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will take the top spot.

Synysterj

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
what could challenge my notebook?
AMD A10 Elite Quad Core 2.5ghz with over boost
16gb Ram DDR3
Chipset AMD Radeon HD 2gb GDDR5
128gb SSD
1tb 7200RPM
Additional cooling.
No game presents any type of challenge

dsr07mm

Distinguished

Sorry but that was stupid. First Unity isnt out so you cant know, if you ask me its pure marketing so dont even bother with that.
Shadow of Mordor WAS pure marketing and its not gpu intensive it's more like VRAM intensive, nothing more.
Crysis 3 is okay, but with that perhaps he wanna try Ryse Son of Rome now.

Matthew-san

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
For your information, dsr07mm, some people got Unity earlier than the release day. That's the way some online companies work. Unity is extremely taxing as is Shadow of Mordor and not just VRAM intensive. Give me two open-world games more graphically intense than Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity running on ultra at 1080p and I'll admit my previous comment was stupid. I have a feeling that ain't gonna happen. No modding or 4k resolutions just a vanilla version of a game that's is more demanding than the ones I stated.

dsr07mm

Distinguished

For your information Matthew-san Unity is complately ruined in terms of optimization. On my gtx770 gpu usage is lock on 87-93% no matter what settings I choose and cpu doesnt even go higher then 60% anytime. I've seen much more heavier games for both hardware. And you can obviosly read/watch other people experiance. I recieved my preview copy week ago but I'm following agreement and I'm not talking about that until official date is not here for all people.

Matthew-san

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2014
I did not ask you for a review, so please do not spoil the game for other people lol. I'm running the game on tweaked ultra (no soft shadows and FXAA) using a i5-4690k, EVGA GTX 770 4GB Superclocked, and 8GB of RAM and averaging 45-60 fps. Yeah, the game isn't optimized very well but I don't see how people are getting such terrible performance. Unity is a gorgeous game and the hardware required to run it reflects that, and I don't care if it isn't optimized very well. You still have to have powerful hardware to run it,, and if you don't, then you're not going to be running it. So far from what I've heard the least powerful GPU you can use to run it is a GTX 660. Anything else and the game is unplayable even at low settings. Some PC gamers are just way too picky about the technical efficiency of games. Who cares if it only use 87% of your GPU power and 60% of your CPU, if you can play it at 30 fps or higher and understand what's actually going on in the game then that's all that matters.

Btw you never gave me two more hardware demanding open-world games than Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity. Also, open-world games are usually the most demanding and Unity and Mordor are the the toughest to run out of the open-world games so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't say say a comment is stupid when it's not. It's one thing to point out your opinion but it's not okay to insult someone else for theirs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, but sometimes it's best to keep some thoughts in your head.

niels288

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015

My pc CAN run GTA IV on 50fps.

Cortemus

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

How about a reccomendation that isn't fps please?

TRENDING THREADS