[SOLVED] What PCI-Cables will work for ThermalTake RGB 750W and MSI GeForce GTX 980 ti?

Feb 10, 2020
Hey guys! I am currently trying to connect a ThermalTake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W PSU to an MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 ti. The PCI-E slots are 6+2 pin male to male, but after ordering one, I came to realize that certain PCI-E's don't support different brands (in my case, both the ThermalTake and MSI. I have not been able to locate a PCI-E that lists them as compatible either, as some of the listings don't even say if it is compatible with any brand. Does anyone know of a brand or cable that is compatible with both? Any help is much appreciated!

Solution
Your psu comes with 4x 6+2 cables. What did you do with them?

Need to use cables original to the psu. Psu plug pinouts aren't standardized and using different cables bought separately or from other psu models run the risk of frying. Same goes for any modular cable providing power. Only use cables the psu comes with.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Need to use cables original to the psu. Psu plug pinouts aren't standardized and using different cables bought separately or from other psu models run the risk of frying. Same goes for any modular cable providing power. Only use cables the psu comes with.

Reactions: DexDX
Solution
Feb 10, 2020

Ohhhh, okay! The PSU was from a friend of mine who didn't need it anymore so then let me use it. That pretty much clears up my question, though. Thanks very much!

Feb 10, 2020

Ohhhh, okay! The PSU was from a friend of mine who didn't need it anymore so then let me use it. That pretty much clears up