[SOLVED] what problems can be encountered using an integrated gpu and how to solve them (in programming and daily use)? leaving aside gaming

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
CPU: i5-12600K. (therefore the iGPU would be the UHD 770). Monitor: 21: 9 34 "3440x1440 curved The use of this computer will be mainly PROGRAMMING, DAILY USE and VIDEO VISION (NO gaming), with daily use I mean Google Gmail images whatsapp Word YouTube, Netflix vision. Precisely because the PC will not be used for gaming I will stay temporarily for a couple of years with the integrated gpu, in the meantime I ask you if this is a right choice, i.e. in the programming and production field (NO rendering) do you need the dedicated video card? is / is it not essential? less? now what I ask you is: always in programming, in video viewing and in general / daily use what are the problems that could arise from the use of the dedicated gpu? that are problems caused by the lack of graphics power of the latter, resolution fluency problems, driver, software or compatibility problems etc ... and how can I solve them (BIOS, via software, over clock etc ...)? I would like to realize if it is feasible to stay for about 3 years with the gpu integrated in an excellent way, without suffering too much, without suffering, however I want an experience that is pleasant (this without gaming), and if it is possible or if it is slightly feasible I am willing to any type of method that improves or fix some of the problems you have when you don't have the dedicated gpu, so if you should answer me don't rule out any possibility, in the sense that I would over clock iGPU, RAM, or anything else that could improve the overall experience.

Solution
Buy your system and use the integrated graphics and see how you do.
If you use dual channel ram, and perhaps 3600 speed that should be all you need.
Your motherboard bios may have an option to allocate more than a minimum of ram to be dedicated to graphics.

If, in time, you have a need for discrete graphics, that can easily be added later.
Cards like a GTX1650 are quite strong and will run on even a minimal psu.

kanewolf

Titan
CPU: i5-12600K. (therefore the iGPU would be the UHD 770). Monitor: 21: 9 34 "3440x1440 curved The use of this computer will be mainly PROGRAMMING, DAILY USE and VIDEO VISION (NO gaming), with daily use I mean Google Gmail images whatsapp Word YouTube, Netflix vision. Precisely because the PC will not be used for gaming I will stay temporarily for a couple of years with the integrated gpu, in the meantime I ask you if this is a right choice, i.e. in the programming and production field (NO rendering) do you need the dedicated video card? is / is it not essential? less? now what I ask you is: always in programming, in video viewing and in general / daily use what are the problems that could arise from the use of the dedicated gpu? that are problems caused by the lack of graphics power of the latter, resolution fluency problems, driver, software or compatibility problems etc ... and how can I solve them (BIOS, via software, over clock etc ...)? I would like to realize if it is feasible to stay for about 3 years with the gpu integrated in an excellent way, without suffering too much, without suffering, however I want an experience that is pleasant (this without gaming), and if it is possible or if it is slightly feasible I am willing to any type of method that improves or fix some of the problems you have when you don't have the dedicated gpu, so if you should answer me don't rule out any possibility, in the sense that I would over clock iGPU, RAM, or anything else that could improve the overall experience.
What type programming? You won't be able to do CUDA, although OpenCL will probably work.
You won't be able to do VR programming.
I can't think of any other limitations.

Reactions: Grealish01

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Intel UHD 770 is decently powerful, similar to a discrete GT 730 or Radeon 530. There should be no problem with day to day tasks and programming.

Integrated GPUs consume system memory, if you have 16GB, that should be plenty for everything. 8GB is alright as well, that will just limit having everything running at once.

Intel graphics drivers aren't amazing, still plenty of glitches here and there. Not much you can do but keep it up to date.

Overclocking won't really do much.

Reactions: Grealish01
I ask you if this is a right choice, i.e. in the programming and production field (NO rendering) do you need the dedicated video card?
You don't need GPU
always in programming, in video viewing and in general / daily use what are the problems that could arise from the use of the dedicated gpu?
The only real thing are Windows updates frequently messing up with Intel drivers. So far I have 2 such situations where after Windows update I had problems but both were solved by newer drivers.

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
What type programming? You won't be able to do CUDA, although OpenCL will probably work.
You won't be able to do VR programming.
I can't think of any other limitations.
programming with visual studio with phyton language, also something of machine learning in the future (but I think I will have them a gpu). However, in everyday use you don't notice the difference between the integrated gpu and a 3060, for example, right? ie the difference in performance (FPS) is felt more than anything else in game I think

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
Intel UHD 770 is decently powerful, similar to a discrete GT 730 or Radeon 530. There should be no problem with day to day tasks and programming.

Integrated GPUs consume system memory, if you have 16GB, that should be plenty for everything. 8GB is alright as well, that will just limit having everything running at once.

Intel graphics drivers aren't amazing, still plenty of glitches here and there. Not much you can do but keep it up to date.

Overclocking won't really do much.
in addition to all over clock, is there something that gives you a minimum improvement? I don't know even a small trick how the frequency from 3200 to 3600 can be in the case of RAM performance to improve speed in some apps

Buy your system and use the integrated graphics and see how you do.
If you use dual channel ram, and perhaps 3600 speed that should be all you need.
Your motherboard bios may have an option to allocate more than a minimum of ram to be dedicated to graphics.

If, in time, you have a need for discrete graphics, that can easily be added later.
Cards like a GTX1650 are quite strong and will run on even a minimal psu.

Solution