What processor should i get for my rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Hey, I was just wondering what processor i should get. I have already bought everything except the processor because they seemed so expensive and i didn't know which one to get. So far, i have quad crossfire ati radeon hd 6990s, 3 3d monitors that are at 2560x1600 resolution and 32 gigabyte ram. I also use 64bit windows 2000. I am probably going to be playing guitar hero 3 or need for speed hot pursuit most of the time. Please don't tell me to get better stuff because i have already payed for it all. I just need a processor. Please help; when i posted this on another forum, everyone laughed at me.

cheezstik

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
this does seem a bit funny, you wasted your money on 32GB ram when 4gb would have done fine, you didnt even need 2x6990s, TBH this sounds like a real troll post, but anyway whats your budget, i would reccommend a 2500K and a Z68/P67 mobo with that setup.

ey, thanks for the help. I only have $3000 left to spend on this build. I was thinking of buying an alienware laptop but i didn't want to waste the parts i bought.

And your other thread would be why I'm guessing.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/323019-33-nvidia-fire-onboard-4290

Status
Not open for further replies.