What psu to get?

Jun 2, 2018
My parts:gtx 780 gigabyte windforce oc edition, xeon x3430, p7h55-m pro motherboard, hyper 212(cooler)

I'm just getting started into pc building and didn't know what psu to get for my pc.

Solution
You can pick up a Corsair CX/CXM for about 50 USD or a Seasonic 620watt M12II/S12II for about the same. Both are well made budget PSU.

If you want to spend alittle more then get something like a EVGA Supernova G2 or G3. Seasonic Focus are also good.

Whatever you decide I would aim for a 550-650 Watt range PSU would be more then enough as long as you don't plan on adding another graphics card.

You can pick up a Corsair CX/CXM for about 50 USD or a Seasonic 620watt M12II/S12II for about the same. Both are well made budget PSU.

If you want to spend alittle more then get something like a EVGA Supernova G2 or G3. Seasonic Focus are also good.

Whatever you decide I would aim for a 550-650 Watt range PSU would be more then enough as long as you don't plan on adding another graphics card.

Solution
Get between a 550w and 650w PSU, At lease 80+ bronze, from EVGA, Seasonic or from the newer Corsair xxxm series.

To some of the other posters: From how it's stated, I believe that the OP already has those parts and needs a PSU. Hence they didn't ask for opinions about those other parts.

4745454b

Titan
I'm just getting started into pc building

Sounds more like he's bought into the Xeon hype and it might be too late. If you haven't bought the parts yet, don't. As above, newer chips are out that support more stuff. Just because it's a Xeon doesn't make it faster for gaming. Trust us.

Also as above, a good 550W is fine. Most corsairs, Seasonics, etc will work fine.