[SOLVED] What ram brand do you recommend?

Jan 1, 2020
Hello I which RAM should I buy? I'm looking for 2x8GB to my PC, can you please tell which one from this list is the best ? Or it doesn't matter and just
buy the cheapest(G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16)? Thanks.

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
  • G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
  • HyperX Fury, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL16
  • Ballistix Sport LT Kit 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
  • G.SKILL 16GB 3200MHz Ripjaws V Black CL16
  • Patriot 16GB 3000MHz Viper 4 CL16
  • ADATA 16GB 3200MHz XPG Gammix D10 Black CL16

My PC spec
  • AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • MOBO: MSI A320M PRO-VD PLUS (MS-7B38)
  • RX 570
  • RAM HyperX Savage CL12 2400MHz

Solution
All of the major vendors will be good and have lifetime warranties.

You want guaranteed compatibility.

If you should ever have a problem, you want supported ram.
Otherwise, you risk a finger pointing battle between the ram and motherboard support sites, claiming "not my problem".
One place to check is your motherboards web site.
Look for the ram QVL list. It lists all of the ram kits that have been tested with that particular motherboard.
Sometimes the QVL list is not updated after the motherboard is released.
For more current info, go to a ram vendor's web site and access their ram selection configurator.
Enter your motherboard, and you will get a list of compatible ram kits.
While today's motherboards are more tolerant of different...
Jan 11, 2020
Hello, Verthon.

When buying RAM, you should really look for the speed & how much space and how many sticks to buy if you will ever upgrade for more/less.

Since all of these are pretty good, you could first eliminate the Patriot 16GB 3000MHz Viper 4 CL16, as its speed is lower (however still is awesome).
Then, you can really just look for the reviews, and in my opinion the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 is the best, as it has a great speed, it's made by a reliable company.

You should also check if the RAM is compatible with your motherboard (if you haven't already).

Anyways, to finish, if I were you, I would choose the Corsair Vengeance one (if it's compatible that is, I haven't checked, sorry.)

I hope it helped a little.

Thanks for reading!

All of the major vendors will be good and have lifetime warranties.

You want guaranteed compatibility.

If you should ever have a problem, you want supported ram.
Otherwise, you risk a finger pointing battle between the ram and motherboard support sites, claiming "not my problem".
One place to check is your motherboards web site.
Look for the ram QVL list. It lists all of the ram kits that have been tested with that particular motherboard.
Sometimes the QVL list is not updated after the motherboard is released.
For more current info, go to a ram vendor's web site and access their ram selection configurator.
Enter your motherboard, and you will get a list of compatible ram kits.
While today's motherboards are more tolerant of different ram, it makes sense to buy ram that is known to work and is supported.

Solution