[SOLVED] What RPM Speed is recommended for my Pump Fan?

J3nga

Prominent
Jul 1, 2019
I've just finished my new PC build, and it's my 1st time using Water cooling aswell.

I'm using a Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 to cool my Intel Core i7-9700K CPU, and I am wondering what RPM speed is recommended for the Pump Fan. At default it was at around 750RPM, then I went to 1250RPM an hour ago and started to question if going for higher RPM speeds are good or bad for the rest of the computer.

I don't know that much about cooler masters but on my 3 corsair coolers i run the pumps at performance level which is 2700 to 2950 rpm all the time.

More water moving faster through the pump head/heatsink carries more heat away faster, in turn keeping the temp lower from heat build up.

J3nga

Prominent
Jul 1, 2019
I don't know that much about cooler masters but on my 3 corsair coolers i run the pumps at performance level which is 2700 to 2950 rpm all the time.

More water moving faster through the pump head/heatsink carries more heat away faster, in turn keeping the temp lower from heat build up.
So should I just go for 100% then? When I checked the Fan Tune to the Pump, it looked like the temperature got higher with higher RPM.

Here's a screenshot for context:Screenshot of CPU Pump Tune Setup

You may need some more fan speed on the (rad fans.) If you are still too warm for your liking.
I leave my pump speed at max all the time and use rad fan speed to control temps for what ever is going on ambient room temp wise and what i happen to be doing on the system at the time : stress testing/ max
Gaming /max
Browsing balanced to performance (depends on ambient)
I will put up with more noise from my coolers as long as they are doing what they are suppose to

J3nga

Prominent
Jul 1, 2019
You may need some more fan speed on the (rad fans.) If you are still too warm for your liking.
I leave my pump speed at max all the time and use rad fan speed to control temps for what ever is going on ambient room temp wise and what i happen to be doing on the system at the time : stress testing/ max
Gaming /max
Browsing balanced to performance (depends on ambient)
I will put up with more noise from my coolers as long as they are doing what they are suppose to
I see. For the moment the temperatures for pretty much all my components are hovering between 20-30 Celcius on normal, and 35-50 when Ingame
So I think overrall there's no need for me to buff the RPM's