What setup do I require?

Gavsta220986

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015
The only Game I really play is fifa 18 and watch hd movies in 1080p but soon will want to watch 4k ultra hd and have multiple applications open on my desktop. Would an intel core i5 6600k with an evga gtx 770 be ok to play fifa 18 in 4k with a 4k display or would I ned a more powerful system?

Solution
Honestly, if you only play Fifa, then I would consider getting a xbox one x. As a pc gamer, I feel it blasphemous to say it, but you will have a better experience on the xbox. I dont know if the xbox one x will play Fifa at 60fps, but I would be surprised if it did not run it well. It is not a demanding game. I prefer high refresh rate over resolution, but it also depends on the game. Quick twitch shooters need a high refresh rate, but for a sports game like fifa, the refresh rate may not make as big of a difference.

Yes, you 6600k will be fine with the 1080. Truth is, when you move up into higher resolution, the bottleneck moves form the CPU to the GPU. So at 4k, the CPU is not working nearly as hard as at 1080p.
Your CPU will be more than enough. But running a game at 4k takes a lot of GPU horsepower. For playable framerates at reasonable settings you will at least need a 1070 for 4k. I would say that even a 1070 is not enough, but Fifa is not that demanding of a game so if you dial back some of the detail you should hit 30 fps. But if you are wanting 4k at 60fps, you will need to look at the 1080 or even the 1080ti. Those are fairly expensive GPUs for just one game.

Gavsta220986

Honorable
Nov 22, 2015

The other thing I was thinking of doing was purchasing an xbox one x to play fifa as the whole console is cheaper than a 1080 0r 1080ti. and it will play fifa in 4k at 60fps so I have been told is this true? If I do buy a more powerfu;ll graphics card like a 1080 would that be ok paired with the i5 6600k? Then i might start playing more games to get the benefit out of the system. Also would you rather play 1080p @ 6fps and higher than 4k @30fps?

Honestly, if you only play Fifa, then I would consider getting a xbox one x. As a pc gamer, I feel it blasphemous to say it, but you will have a better experience on the xbox. I dont know if the xbox one x will play Fifa at 60fps, but I would be surprised if it did not run it well. It is not a demanding game. I prefer high refresh rate over resolution, but it also depends on the game. Quick twitch shooters need a high refresh rate, but for a sports game like fifa, the refresh rate may not make as big of a difference.

Yes, you 6600k will be fine with the 1080. Truth is, when you move up into higher resolution, the bottleneck moves form the CPU to the GPU. So at 4k, the CPU is not working nearly as hard as at 1080p.

Solution