[SOLVED] what should an SSD have for gaming (and for launching Windows)?

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
hello, do I have to get an SSD on which to put only Windows and games? What specifications should a dedicated SSD have for this use?

Solution
if you only want an ssd to run windows, minimum size should be about 250gb. You don't need all that space for windows but it gives it space to move. And you can install other things to it and you won't feel constrained.
If you want to put games on it as well, I would get 1tb or more, its up to you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you only want an ssd to run windows, minimum size should be about 250gb. You don't need all that space for windows but it gives it space to move. And you can install other things to it and you won't feel constrained.
If you want to put games on it as well, I would get 1tb or more, its up to you.

Reactions: Grealish01
Solution
suppose that on a 256 gb SSD I put Windows and a new Horizon on it (let's say 64gb + 90gb), can I do this or do you advise me to do it in another way?
Folks have their opinions about how to set up storage for gaming.
It does not take very many games to use up some serious storage space.
You start out with one game then add another and another and you have space problems.

Only you know what you will be doing.

As for your 64+90 that should be ok on the 256.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Generally i normally have 2 drives in PC,
one for windows and anything that will need to be reinstalled with windows.
one for everything you don't need to reinstall with windows + games
but i have more space than normal now and don't use much.

So I answered based on that idea. If you want games on there, I would get over 500gb at least.
It doesn't help to fill an ssd to full as they slow down if they don't have about 10% space free

As Bob says, its easy to fill drives up (everyone is different, I have 4tb of space but have plenty of free space still)
GuvaW9N.jpg