What should/could i upgrade?

Ironthor

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
So i have never build my own pc and really have no idea what im doing. I bought a Gaming PC from digital storm two years ago and was wondering what i could upgrade to extend the life of it. I got maybe $200-$300 to play with. Thanks in advance.

System Configuration
Seller - Pre-built Digital Storm VANQUISH II - Level 3
Processor: Intel Core i5 4590 3.30 GHz (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS H81M-D/E Plus (Intel H81 Chipset) (MATX)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Corsair CX
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Storage Set 1: 1x (1TB Seagate (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: Standard Factory Heat-sink and Fan
H20 Tube Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-Bit Edition) /it has been upgraded to wind 10

Solution
Hands down a SSD drive. For the budget in mind, that will be the greatest performance jump you will get. You can get a 512GB SSD for like 130 bucks on NewEgg and then use your old HDD as a video, music, and or junk drive.

Then next would be GPU and or another stick of 8GB RAM.

It really depends on your uses though like anything on computers. If you play FPS games a 144hz monitor would be a great investment too.

Mammatus

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
1st: GPU (something like a RX480 would be a good upgrade)!
2nd: More RAM (16Gb total) or SSD (depending on what are your priority and what are you doing with your Computer))(if you still have enough money) ;-)

noobycocksderphard

Honorable
Sep 11, 2013
Hands down a SSD drive. For the budget in mind, that will be the greatest performance jump you will get. You can get a 512GB SSD for like 130 bucks on NewEgg and then use your old HDD as a video, music, and or junk drive.

Then next would be GPU and or another stick of 8GB RAM.

It really depends on your uses though like anything on computers. If you play FPS games a 144hz monitor would be a great investment too.

Solution