What should i buy to increase my FPS?

prark

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
Hey! I need some help on what to buy if i want to increase my fps in CS:Go
Im currently playing with 40-50 FPS with lowest graphics and with 16:9 | 1280x760

My Computer is an Acer Aspire TC105 with a A-10 6800k APU (i bought it after my A-10 6700 didn't work)

I just got told in another forum i made that buying a graphics card wont work because my psu is 200w

(I have a budget of 150$) I know its not much to work with :/

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Yeah you are kind of stuck with that, you would need to a new power supply to support a new GPU and would have to find one that fits in that case and board. You may need to save up a bit more to be safe.

logainofhades

Titan
I took a look at the Acer site, but they do not even mention the power supply. In thinking about it, they probably took the cheap route, and used a 200 watt power supply because it would power the AMD APU, and thats all they needed to do to get people to buy it.

There is one PCIe x16 slot apparently open for a video card. Unfortunately, a 200 watt power supply is not going to power whats in the system now, plus a new card thats strong enough to gain much in the end.

The closest APU I could find listed on the AMD site was the A10-6790K. And it lists its wattage as being 100 watts. If that is the same as what yours is, there is a little under 100 watts to spare.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the cards that are under $150 are going to boost your FPS. And all of the cards over $150 are definately going to need a larger power supply in addition to the video card.

So I suggest that you save up your pennies, and when you can afford a 450 watt power supply + a video card, that you upgrade then.

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
You would need to open the case and see where the power supply is, measure its length width and height, and go from there, you maybe able to go longer, or find one with the same or smaller dimensions :)