[SOLVED] What should I do to lower my cpu temps?

Feb 12, 2021
I have a ryzen 3600 and I've looked into undervolting and playing around with the power plan but it hasn't really done anything for me. Any tips?

Solution
I just got a new fan (hyper 212 black edition) and the temps are much better (also with grizzly thermal paste)
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a better CPU cooler than the stock AMD cooler, so temperatures should be better.
By the way the thermal paste include with the Hyper 212 is sufficient.
Could you post your system specs and temperatures when the system is idle and temperatures when the system is at full load.
The idle temps could be taken in the BIOS.
The load temperatures when the system has been running at full load for a least 1/2 hour or when it had reached it max temperature.

Example how to post system specs:
ASRock Steel Legend B550
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Stock cooler or Corsair Hydro H100i v2
G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3600C16-32GVKC (2x 16GB) @ 3600MHz
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW DT

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021
Could you post your system specs and temperatures when the system is idle and and temperatures when the system is at full load.
The idle temps could be taken in the BIOS.
The load temperatures when the system has bee running at full load for a least 1/2 hour or when it had reached it max temperature.

I have a stock cooler and my motherboard is the MSI b450 max, I have the latest chipset and its on ryzen balanced power settings
the idle temp is around 55 degrees C
I did a cinebench r23 multi core test and it scored 4693 and during the test it was about 95 degrees C

That's just a tad high for the Ryzen 5 3600 with the AMD stock cooler. You could get a bit lower temperatures depending on the PC case and fan configuration (speed) and air flow.
Make sure you tighten the cooler, so it makes proper contact with the CPU.
Which PC case do you have?
How are the fans configured in the case?

Feb 12, 2021
That's just a tad high for the Ryzen 5 3600 with the AMD stock cooler. You could get a bit lower temperatures depending on the PC case and fan configuration (speed) and air flow.
Make sure you tighten the cooler, so it makes proper contact with the CPU.
Which PC case do you have?
How are the fans configured in the case?

I just got a new fan (hyper 212 black edition) and the temps are much better (also with grizzly thermal paste)

jamzkang

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
I have a ryzen 3600 and I've looked into undervolting and playing around with the power plan but it hasn't really done anything for me. Any tips?
Better cooling system for sure. Anytime you overclock, you want to make sure your cooling is on point. Yea you can undervolt, and overclock as much as you want, and a Ryzen will get your the numbers you want but without proper cooling and case, you'll be <Mod Edit> out of luck...

Last edited by a moderator: