Question What should i do?

Mar 17, 2019
After to upload the firmware the last version my wifi repeater didn't come live broadcasting; I tried the hard reset thru the reset button on 10-15 secs but nothing. Then I unplugged and connected directly to my laptop and ran an ethernet diagnostics, the msg was "ip not valid"; so I tried to change manually the IP to the one on the label as 192.168.10.1 / 255.255.255.0 and default gateway as is on my router. DNS I left "automatic" detection but nothing.
Hopefully, some can help me to fix my wifi repeater.

Thanks much

You generally need to set the ip on your pc to something DIFFERENT than the default IP of the device. You can put that value in the default gateway but it doesn't matter since your goal is to recover the device not access the internet.

At this point the browser may or may not work. If you are lucky you will be able to get into the device.

If you actually messed up the firmware you are going to have to search for the instructions on how to recover it. It tends to be a pain to do it since it requires you to have things like tftp servers and hold buttons at power on etc. The details on how to do it will be different even for different devices from the same manufacture.

You can also search for the term "brick" and your device model number. Corrupting the firmware on routers used to make the devices as useful as brick for networking which is where the term came form. Most modern devices have some ability to recover them. There are still some that you can't recover them or they require crazy stuff like soldering console ports into the motherboard of the device