[SOLVED] what should i do

May 19, 2020
Hey guys I have a pre built pc it came with a
amd fx 6300
rx 560 2gb
1 tb
8 gb ram
500w psu
Im going to upgrade my cpu cooler to a liquid cooler and also upgrade my gpu to a gtx 1660 but i was wondering if the power supply is going to be enough or can you guys recommend me some good amd graphics close to the gtx 1660 6gb

Solution
Water cooling is going to be an absolute waste on that system, as would any GPU upgrade.
The 6300 was not a great processor when it was new, now we are talking 8 years later, it wont support any GPU worth buying.

Its time for a processor+mobo+RAM/whole system upgrade first.
Water cooling is going to be an absolute waste on that system, as would any GPU upgrade.
The 6300 was not a great processor when it was new, now we are talking 8 years later, it wont support any GPU worth buying.

Its time for a processor+mobo+RAM/whole system upgrade first.

Solution
I would not spend a dime on a FX system unless it is for something that can be carried forward to a new build.
FX is all but obsolete.
Upgrading a cooler may be ok, but FX motherboards usually suffer from vrm cooling issues.
And, unless you are looking at a 360 aio or better, a simple air cooler will usually be cheaper and more reloable.

If you want to upgrade graphics, that is ok, and it does not matter if the graphics card is amd or nvidia, they both work well.
One problem with older cheap RX580/90 cards is that they are power hungry and may not work well if your 500w psu is a cheap unit.