Mar 20, 2020
Hello,

I've just recently made a new build.

• Asus TUF GAMING B560 plus wifi motherboard
  • i5 11400F, with a Pure Rock 2 cooler
  • GTX 1660 Super
  • M.2 970 EVO SSD
  • CoolerMaster N300 case
Now the thing is, my case had 6 standoffs installed in which I was able to screw in the motherboard. This is what I did and the system works just fine. The thing is, I just recently found out that I have 3 additional standoffs (which I was not aware of before).

To make it more clear:
View: https://imgur.com/KWpD9fw

So the red ones I have screwed in and is all in place, the orange ones I did not.

The possiblity for me is to completely decouple everything and screw them in correctly and build it again, or can I just leave it like this as rebuilding is also a risk?

What would you guys do?

Looking forward to your reactions,

EDIT: I have a fairly good PSU, a gold rated Corsair TX650M

Solution
Most of the motherboard internal I/O is on the right. Not sure what you are asking there. SATA drives, PSU cables, USB headers, Front I/O.

Considering many boards only have 4 or 6 screws to begin with, yes, should be fine to support the weight. GPU weight will primarily be on the chassis anyway.

Ardbeat

Commendable
Mar 20, 2020
If you are going to plugging in things relatively often on the right side of the board, sure install them.

If not, no real harm done.

Which things would go on the right side of the MB?
Only thing which I may replace in a few years is the GPU. Otherwise I will limit my operations into the case haha.
Do you think it is mounted strong enough to carry gpu and cpu cooler with 6 screws?
What would you do if you were in my position?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Most of the motherboard internal I/O is on the right. Not sure what you are asking there. SATA drives, PSU cables, USB headers, Front I/O.

Considering many boards only have 4 or 6 screws to begin with, yes, should be fine to support the weight. GPU weight will primarily be on the chassis anyway.

Reactions: Ardbeat
Solution

Ardbeat

Commendable
Mar 20, 2020

Ah yes, I will not use change these things that often so it should be fine. Thanks for your input! :)