What should I look for when buying a cpu with integrated graphics

Jan 15, 2019
So I don't plan to buy a cpu with integrated graphics but one of my friends do. I was wondering what are the things that I should be looking for when buying a cpu with integrated graphics? When I finally find a cpu that has integrated graphics in it, it is hard to find what the specific specs are for the integrated graphics. Like what it is compared to a regular gpu or how could it handle a triple a game. Im not necessarily looking for what are the best cpu's with integrated graphics but just what I should look for when deciding which cpu to buy.

Solution
There is no stat to look at, reviews are it.. there is no argument the best ever made is a 2400g the second best is a 2200g the third best is a mile behind either of them and is whatever is on the 9*** series Intel chips
Jan 15, 2019

Like I said I'm not really looking for which ones are good just what I should look for when deciding what to buy integrated graphics wise. Like why should I pick that one and not others.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
If you want to see how the 2400G iGPU compares to Intel iGPU and entry level discrete graphics (GT 1030), see here: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5-2400g-zen-vega-cpu-gpu,5467-6.html

The only 'thing to look for' is performance. 2400G iGPU offers the best performance. That being said, if you want to play AAA games at anything higher than 720p, low-med settings, you need to get a discrete graphics card.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
All mainstream intel CPUs have had integrated GPUs for a while now, there are some coming soon without but current models have them.

They game poorly, and always have done. You can play some older games on them, but not all that well. There are a few intel models with Iris pro graphics that are ok, but still nothing compared to say a GT1030 which is the bottom end of gaming cards and they are harder to find.

On the AMD side, they only have 3 current models, the 2200G and 2400G, and the low end 200E. All have better game performance than intel and can play some games. The 2200G can handle a lot of modern games at low settings and/or 720P, the 2400G is almost as good as a GT1030 and can play most games at 1080P with reduced settings. The 2400G is the only option that can realistically play triple A games reliably.

Older AMD chips had better graphics than the same generation of intel, but were still no good for gaming

Jan 15, 2019

So how do I know what igpu's out perform other igpu's. Just by looking at reviews or is there something specific thing that I need to look at.

Jan 15, 2019

So basically the only thing I need to look at are reviews when it comes to igpu's?