What should I replace and with what?

harri0

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I have had my current build for a while now, but it can barely run anything.
It's quite a cheap build but now I'd like to improve it a little to run games like GTA V on decent amount of FPS and graphics.

My current build:
■ Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz (stock)
■ 8GB RAM
■ GeForce GTX 650
■ 1366 x 768, 60Hz (yes I do know this monitor is quite small, I'd like to most likely replace this current one)

I've had this build since 2013? Not quite sure, it used to cost like 600$ in total.
I'm probably willing to go for around 400 dollars, which is not including the price of the monitor.
I'll look for something if you guys can't recommend me a good and cheap monitor.
I am completely okay with my GPU, as I am pretty sure I can get quite decent graphics on games such as GTA V

I've seen the new i3 6100 used alongside NVIDIA maxwell cards and they seem to work well enough... if you're in US an upgrade would probably be something like this...

If you're okay with your current monitor for a while longer, use this. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KDcvRG

If you must get a new monitor, use this. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/jdDNpb
Goes a bit over your budget but I think it is worth it

Oh and by the way, that is a Microatx motherboard. Make sure your case can support those before buying it

harri0

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

I am from Europe, to be exact, Estonia. So I'm looking for parts that can be also shipped.

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Your CPU is pretty good if you want to run games decently, but i recommend upgrading it to a better i7 4790K. upgrade the GPU to a GTX 960 or a 970Ti and RAM to about 12GB. upgrade PSU if necessary

Your I3-4330 is a surprisingly good gamer.
Some games are graphics limited like fast action shooters.
Others are cpu core speed limited like strategy, sims, and mmo.
Multiplayer with many participants tend to like many threads.

You need to find out which.
------------------------------------------------------------
To help clarify your CPU/GPU options, run these two tests:

a) Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

b) Limit your cpu,in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 80%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 20% improvement in core speed might do.

It is possible that both tests are positive, indicating that you have a well balanced system,
and both cpu and gpu need to be upgraded to get better gaming FPS.
-------------------------------------------------------------