Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
My current pc:
msi gefore gtx 960 2gb
fx 4300 with asus 760g motherboard
8gb ram ddr3
500 w psu
I have a budget of around £350-£400
what should I upgrade first my cpu or gpu or both if any one could give me some ideas of what to buy I would be grateful.
I done a the division benchmark on ultra and I got 30 average frames, it said cpu was 51% and gpu 91% but everyone is saying that the cpu is bad and it "bottlenecks the gpu" so I have no idea what to do anymore

Solution
From an FX-4300, yes, do the CPU first, but wait to see what AMD does. Any changes now could be a tremendous waste of money. Back when the Athlon first came out, we saw the prices of Intel's chips fall by over half in the first 6 months just to make parity with AMD. It could be a great thing for us. If they don't deliver, though, it could be disastrous, with CPU technology staying put for the next decade.

dgingeri

Distinguished
At this point, don't yet. Wait about 2 months for AMD to release their Ryzen CPUs to see if they're worth the trouble. That could change the entire market in CPUs and motherboards, but only of they are worthy competition. If the Ryzen platform does present decent competition, then wait 2 more months for the prices to go down. If not, then don't wait any more.

depression

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

so upgrade the cpu first then?

n3cw4rr10r

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2013

dgingeri

Distinguished
From an FX-4300, yes, do the CPU first, but wait to see what AMD does. Any changes now could be a tremendous waste of money. Back when the Athlon first came out, we saw the prices of Intel's chips fall by over half in the first 6 months just to make parity with AMD. It could be a great thing for us. If they don't deliver, though, it could be disastrous, with CPU technology staying put for the next decade.

Solution