Question What should i upgrade on my budget pc

Jun 8, 2023

What should i upgrade my PC with next?

yo so ah i got this pc not to long ago, pretty budget. I am concerned that i need to upgrade soon so i wanted to ask.

Here are my current components:

GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
RAM - 32GB (2x 16GB Corsair idk what)
Power supply unit - Be quiet system power 9
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450m ds3h-cf

The upgrades should still remain a bit budget and it would be good if you set prioritys like " 1. GPU -> Upgrade to xy model 00
2. CPU -> Upgrade to xy model 00"

Thx.

What should i upgrade my PC with next?

yo so ah i got this pc not to long ago, pretty budget. I am concerned that i need to upgrade soon so i wanted to ask.

Here are my current components:

GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
RAM - 32GB (2x 16GB Corsair idk what)
Power supply unit - Be quiet system power 9
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450m ds3h-cf

The upgrades should still remain a bit budget and it would be good if you set prioritys like " 1. GPU -> Upgrade to xy model 00
2. CPU -> Upgrade to xy model 00"

Thx.

Hey there,

Yeah, you could do that. Going from a 1600x to a 5600x or 5800x3d would give you a big boost in fps. Add in a 3060 12gb, 6700XT would really compliment the newer CPU.

Knowing exact models of ram would be helpful. You can get this from opening CPU-z and the info is on the mem and SPD tab. Fast ram is always good for Ryzen, so you should be looking at DDR4 3600mhz,. again to compliment the new hardware.

Reactions: Tequa376
Jun 8, 2023
Hey there,

Yeah, you could do that. Going from a 1600x to a 5600x or 5800x3d would give you a big boost in fps. Add in a 3060 12gb, 6700XT would really compliment the newer CPU.

Knowing exact models of ram would be helpful. You can get this from opening CPU-z and the info is on the mem and SPD tab. Fast ram is always good for Ryzen, so you should be looking at DDR4 3600mhz,. again to compliment the new hardware.
Hey, best thanks! The rams are both DDR4 1064.xyMHz.

If you have not yet done so, install a ssd for your windows C drive.

If you want to do better for games, first try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

TRENDING THREADS