Question What should I upgrade on this build.

mjordan188

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CRPHb8

Here's my current build im running now. It gets things done and has held me down since probably as far back as 2010 so theres not much a man can ask for as far as reliability from his trusty partner in crime. Things are starting to slow up now and im feeling the age a bit in gaming. Still getting 60 plus in games like destiny, apex, things like that but i deff can feel the lack of stability there. Things crash more often and frames aren't always stable on games like i would like them to be. My question is where should i take this build and what should i start upgrading to get it up to current standards. Im completely fine with maxing out 1080p as i feel i rather the frames over the slight increase in graphics. Thanks in advance. Also easy on the flames lol this has been my bad for over a decade and pretty much my first pc ever and ive just been upgrading it this whole time.

Destiny 2 has been pretty unstable for me in the past few weeks.

That said, I have a 1440p monitor with an i7-3770 (at 4.2GHz) and RX580 and I can get 80-90FPS in D2.

Is your RAM running on the XMP profile for 800MHz (1600MHz effective) and is it installed in the correct mobo slots to enable dual channel mode?

You definitely have the i7-4790 and not the 4790K?

You've got BOTH of those monitors? Do you have variable refresh rate enabled?

That's a mess of SSDs!

mjordan188

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017
Destiny 2 has been pretty unstable for me in the past few weeks.

That said, I have a 1440p monitor with an i7-3770 (at 4.2GHz) and RX580 and I can get 80-90FPS in D2.

Is your RAM running on the XMP profile for 800MHz (1600MHz effective) and is it installed in the correct mobo slots to enable dual channel mode?

You definitely have the i7-4790 and not the 4790K?

You've got BOTH of those monitors? Do you have variable refresh rate enabled?

That's a mess of SSDs!
My ram was running the profile but i turned it off just cause i didnt feel a difference between when it was on or off. I personally feel it crashed more with it own but that could be my own mind play tricks on me.

yeah unfortunately have the non k variant. got it from a pc that was being thrown out.

Lol yeah i get that alot. The alienware was a gift and the predator was bestowed upon me due to unfortunate events of the same person who gifted me the alienware monitor. TO my knowledge they both have it turned on.

My mistake on the SSDs. the only actual one is the samsung one. the others are just regular HDD variants. didn't realize i misclicked in that category.

All in all its not just destiny. Even in games like Leauge of Legends and my emulators, i used ot run them flawlessly but now im starting to see slight frame dips here and there and things just arent overall smooth anymore

mjordan188

Commendable
Oct 30, 2017
Well, you've got a pretty new GPU, so you're best off changing out your CPU/Mobo/RAM (that SHOULD also solve your instability issues).

What country are you shopping in and what's your budget?

USA and probably around $500 - $1000. Been saving for a moment like this

Last edited: