Digichaos

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Hello guys i have a pc
Motherboard: Assus pt6 se ddr3
Cpu : Core i7 920 2.67 ghz
Gpu: Nvidia Gtx 750 1gb
Ram: 6gb (1x2gb + 1x4gb)

when i play CsGo i got a decent FPS around 110 to 180 even with shaders High and resolution 4:3 1280:960
and other very low
But in my screen its a little bit blurry using a Monitor 75hz on 1280 : 1048 on nvidia panel ...

on your opinion what should i upgrade next so i can get a better experience ...
the monitor ? or something else

logainofhades

Titan
Get dual channel ram that's today in a kit. You can look for 2x4gb DDR3 sticks and that will help with performance. Recommend G.skill, crucial, corsair, team t-force

Their platform is triple channel.

What is the make/model of the power supply? Going to be perfectly honest, it is probably time for a new rig. Your ram configuration is wrong, as you are running in single channel. That motherboard might not work with modern graphics cards.

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019

What is the make/model of the power supply? Going to be perfectly honest, it is probably time for a new rig. Your ram configuration is wrong, as you are running in single channel. That motherboard might not work with modern graphics cards.

Thanks. Just saw it after posting.

Digichaos

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014

i dont remember the brand but its 450W

larkspur

Distinguished
If all you're playing is CS:GO and you're getting over 110fps then I'm not sure what the problem is. You mentioned the monitor is blurry? It sounds like you are not running the game at the monitor's native resolution. Make sure that you have the resolution and refresh rate set properly both in windows and in the game.

And basically yeah - with that rig you'd want to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, new RAM and a new PSU and a new GPU if you want to play today's demanding games. But like I said, if your problem is that the monitor is "blurry" then it sounds like you need to change the resolution to the monitor's native resolution.

Reactions: Digichaos

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
Definitely not worth an update.... CPU is too old and won't handle new GPU's and in order to upgrade the CPU you also need new motherboard and RAM. Stay with this pc and save some money. Even a 300$ APU built will be better I believe.
-If you need a bit of boost at the moment you can buy a used 4GB RAM stick (make sure is the same speed and latency) to achive 8GB ram Dual Channel. Dont spend more than 20bucks

Reactions: Digichaos

Digichaos

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Definitely not worth an update.... CPU is too old and won't handle new GPU's and in order to upgrade the CPU you also need new motherboard and RAM. Stay with this pc and save some money. Even a 300$ APU built will be better I believe.
-If you need a bit of boost at the moment you can buy a used 4GB RAM stick (make sure is the same speed and latency) to achive 8GB ram Dual Channel. Dont spend more than 20bucks
thanks i think ram would be the option but i was thinking the monitor to switch to a 144 hz maybe

Digichaos

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
If all you're playing is CS:GO and you're getting over 110fps then I'm not sure what the problem is. You mentioned the monitor is blurry? It sounds like you are not running the game at the monitor's native resolution. Make sure that you have the resolution and refresh rate set properly both in windows and in the game.

And basically yeah - with that rig you'd want to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, new RAM and a new PSU and a new GPU if you want to play today's demanding games. But like I said, if your problem is that the monitor is "blurry" then it sounds like you need to change the resolution to the monitor's native resolution.
no iam fine with that fps as i just play cs go and dota2 ...plus this build cant go higher than that ita normal after i optimized some options and drivers ..ill try to switch same res for wind and ingame and upgrade some ram...

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
thanks i think ram would be the option but i was thinking the monitor to switch to a 144 hz maybe
Keep in mind that your hardware is weak for a 144hz setup. You may be possible to run csgo at lowest at 144fps (900p resolution i believe), even after you upgrade your ram

larkspur

Distinguished
Well, if you're just playing older and less-demanding games then you can actually do better with that rig. The problem is the unknown 450w PSU is too scary to recommend a more powerful GPU. An nvidia 750 is a very low-power (and very weak) GPU but I wouldn't suggest putting anything more power-hungry in there unless you upgrade the PSU. With a PSU upgrade that system can easily run a GTX 970 which is about a million times better than a 750... Even overclocked the CPU will hold it back a little but it'll be a ton better than with that 750. But is it worth it to you? I don't know. A good PSU and GPU can easily be carried forward when you build a whole new system. Anyway, don't expect any miracles from adding more RAM. Your main limitation in that system with older, less-demanding games is your GPU.

You could run a GTX 1050 or 1050ti and do pretty well, but again, is it really worth it to you?