[SOLVED] What should I use to clean my PC fans and make it smooth and reduce the loud sound ?

Jun 3, 2022
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You just need to use a fine bristled, soft, paint brush and a blower/compressed air and perhaps some isopropyl alcohol, and some cotton swabs or some shops towels.
Jun 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You just need to use a fine bristled, soft, paint brush and a blower/compressed air and perhaps some isopropyl alcohol, and some cotton swabs or some shops towels.
Thank you for your answer , So I don't need any of these liquids to do the job

Your first approach is to use some sort of air to clean off the dust.
Immobilize the fan blades while you do it.
Otherwise, the blades will spin up past their capability and get damaged.

If the blades have grime, use a cloth to wipe off what you can.
Perfection is not necessary.

Sound from fans is caused by running at high rpm.
You can reduce the speed, but it will also reduce the cooling airflow so some sort of a balance is required. If connected to the motherboard, look in the motherboard bios/fan control section.
If directly connected to power, there are speed controlling adapters available.

Reactions: Beso2020
Sound from fans is caused by running at high rpm.
Which is often caused by the layer of "felt" that dust creates between the heat spreader and the fan.
Clean that with a brush and the fans will go down in speed, most of the times.

Also in a pinch instead of compressed air just get yourself a drinking straw and blow through it, it channels the air and is just as good as canned air, you just have to be extra careful with moisture from spit.

Reactions: Beso2020
You don't need any sprays or whatnot like you listed. Most decent, non sleeve bearing fans are rated for at least 30,000 hours of continuous use. And the only thing making contact in a way contact cleaner would matter is where the fan plugs into. Practically all fans use brushless motors.

As said above, get some compressed air blown onto it to take out the chunks and use a small detailing brush, paper towel, or some other similar thing with rubbing alcohol to wipe down the rest.

Reactions: Beso2020 and dudio

TRENDING THREADS