[SOLVED] What should rx 580 power comsumption be watts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TJ Hooker

Glorious
Herald
Use memtest86 (without the "+")

See here "Testing your memory configuration to verify stability " here:

PrinceTexasLoaf

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018

is there one that I dont have to boot off of

PrinceTexasLoaf

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018

I let memtest do the memory test for 2 hours it said 0 errors aswell

alceryes

Distinguished
Seeing artifacts at times = video card issues
Load up Unigine's Valley benchmark and let it loop for 30+ mins to heat up your video card. Do you see any artifacts? Also the RX580 can draw over 200W of power on heavy load.

PrinceTexasLoaf

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018
Seeing artifacts at times = video card issues
Load up Unigine's Valley benchmark and let it loop for 30+ mins to heat up your video card. Do you see any artifacts? Also the RX580 can draw over 200W of power on heavy load.
even with adding +%5 power limit I have never seen my graphics card draw over 154watts even in stress testing scenarios that heat up my card a lot

alceryes

Distinguished
Sorry, I replied after only skimming the other posts. There isn't anything wrong with your Userbench scores, per se. Most of them are about average.

Are you trying to figure out whether your GPU is throttling? If yes, just load up GPU-Z, turn on logging, and game/benchmark for a bit. Go back to the log file and check out the GPU/mem speeds of your video card throughout the log.

Don't be lazy. IF your RAM is actually 2133, I'd have a hard time believing it'll OC nearly 50% and be stable. Run stress tests overnight and/or while you're at school.

It's ok to add 25% to the power limit. If you're on auto voltage, you're going to NEED to do that to maintain full performance.

Reactions: TJ Hooker

PrinceTexasLoaf

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018
Don't be lazy. IF your RAM is actually 2133, I'd have a hard time believing it'll OC nearly 50% and be stable. Run stress tests overnight and/or while you're at school.

It's ok to add 25% to the power limit. If you're on auto voltage, you're going to NEED to do that to maintain full performance.
will it be safe on my last computer I raised the power limit and it fried the motherboard

PrinceTexasLoaf

Prominent
Sep 28, 2018
I'm not sure if you saw my edit on a previous post on the last page, but did you use DDU to fully uninstall your 1050 Ti drivers before installing your RX 580? Did you install latest drivers from AMD's website?
I have the lastest drivers and my computer has all different parts from my old 1050ti build besides one of the sticks on ram

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS