Question What software to use for genealogy (creating family tree)?

PC_GLADIATOR

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm PC_GLADIATOR. I'm a new member of this forum.

I'm currently working on building a family tree and I'm looking for a (if it's possible freeware) pc software to use for genealogy (creating family tree). Can anybody recommend a best solution to me? I will accept any suggestions. If there isn't much good choices about freeware softwares, I'll also accept softwares who needs to pay to use it.

p.s. I apologize for my bad English (I'm still working to improved it).

Most software dedicated to making a family tree seems so do just that. Names and dates for birth and death.

Last year, as I was told my second grandchild was to be born, I wanted to make something similar, but I also wanted to enter as much info as possible on each individual, such as when they lived on a certain place, their trade at different times and what people lived in their household every 10 to 15 years. I was only going back three generations from myself and my wife.

I found that a regular word processor was the best tool for me. For a tree to accompany the information, a spreadsheet worked fine.

Example:
1895 3 August, Karl marries his house keeper Erika Charlotta Brolin, born 1855 in Skogstibble.

Reactions: PC_GLADIATOR